Happy Keen Day (Dreams)!

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.

Would you like me to try putting level musics and other additions as well?

Yeah, DEFINITELY!
77%
No, don't need to.
23%

Total votes: 13

szemi
Vorticon Elite

Happy Keen Day (Dreams)!

Post by szemi »

Hey everyone! This day has come finally as well, that's why I would like to present you with my little Keen Dreams tech demo I just finished. It was based on the source of Keen Dreams v1.00 using the music code from NY00123's tech demo (Yes, that has the title music: You've Got To Eat Your Veggies!")

So what are you waiting for? Get it here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/601jn6c1dcek8 ... 4.zip?dl=1

Lion thanks to NY00123 for helping me out with the music code.
And of course thanks to myself, too for not giving it up. Though it was challenging for me for not completely being good at coding.

Keep in mind that the EXE file is uncompressed.

(Note: Since it's a tech demo only, I may test, experiment with other additions like level musics, etc.)
Yeah, piece of cake!
keenmaster486
Vorticon Elite

Re: Happy Keen Day (Dreams)!

Post by keenmaster486 »

Who's going to vote "no" on that? Do it!
I flermmed the plootash just like you asked.
Soul Monster
Vortininja

Post by Soul Monster »

PLEEEEASE, do whatever you can to add music! Something like that would forever change Keen Dreams modding as we know it, and you will have uncovered a secret many have tried to unravel for years! Go for it, Szemi, we know you can do it!
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Hey! Happy Keen Day for everyone!

Unfortunately, for technical conflicts I haven't managed to release Keen Dreams Gold Edition since in the meantime I managed to get rid of a bunch of unused stuff (from my aspect) to squish space for 1-2 more enemies.

Sorry. >.<
Yeah, piece of cake!
Mobiethian
Vortininja

Post by Mobiethian »

szemi wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:18 Hey! Happy Keen Day for everyone!

Unfortunately, for technical conflicts I haven't managed to release Keen Dreams Gold Edition since in the meantime I managed to get rid of a bunch of unused stuff (from my aspect) to squish space for 1-2 more enemies.

Sorry. >.<
You're fine really, you did the best you could and I still have faith in you - to do what you can do. Happy Keen Day, everybody! :D
NY00123
Vorticon Elite

Post by NY00123 »

ok, I've gotten a bit confused. It's really the presence of an earlier download making me realize that this thread, in fact, was originally created on Keen Day 2023!

And yet, we have another use of the what I referred to as "Keen Dreams - Unofficial Tech Demo". Looks like I originally released it in January 2015 - that's not far from 10 years by now!

As written elsewhere, I might not follow Keen-related activities as much. But it looks like people in the forums have shown interest in Keen Dreams Gold Edition, so that should be a good sign for you!