Stealthy's Keen 4 Stealth Challenge

Here, you can get help with anything or just chat about the original Commander Keen games.
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

spikey wrote:Stealthy, you feel like doing Forbidden on a lower difficulty level, say Normal? I played it the other day and you'd be able to get past the Skypests. Hard has too many, obviously. I don't know if there's any other obvious obstacles but I can't think of any (obviously the start of the level would be hell even on Normal, but probably doable).
I think that the bridgeswitch part would be impossible, there are way too many slugs in narrow corridors.
Stealthy71088
Vortininja

Post by Stealthy71088 »

I tried it on hard with saving. It can be beaten with a minimum of 6 shot slugs. Funnily enough, the bridge switch part was really easy and only required shooting one slug.

Its very much luck based whether someone succeeds or not. If any of the slugs turn at the wrong moment, you're trapped. I think I could do it with shooting those 6 slugs if I saved at the start of each room, and either uploaded 6 videos or did video editing. Otherwise, I think it would take thousands of lives to pull off. For reference, Isle of Fire took about 1000 lives, and it didn't have half as much luck involved.

Edit: @Levelack: Those scores are high! I don't think I've managed to beat any of them. However, I haven't tried galaxy the way you've been doing it yet, so I'll see what I can do.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

I suggest the record demo cheat, it sets the level to have the same random seed each time it's played.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.