Music in Vorticons

Here, you can get help with anything or just chat about the original Commander Keen games.
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

Commander Spleen wrote:THAT HONKY TONK
BADONKA DONK
That would be AWESOME in Keen!

Cereal Board!
Deltamatic wrote:Prepositions are things I end sentences with.
(Cereal wiki has sadly died)
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

We have some music for vorticons in CommanderGenius, but the playlist is still far from finished. If someone made some more tracks (now peferably for Keen2+3) it'd be awesome.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
MOM4Evr
Vortininja

Post by MOM4Evr »

Oh, right. I keep forgetting about that. :o
If I have time, I'll make some.
(By this, of course I mean if I have time and feel like booting up to Windows, I'll make some)
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

tulip wrote:We have some music for vorticons in CommanderGenius, but the playlist is still far from finished. If someone made some more tracks (now peferably for Keen2+3) it'd be awesome.
IMF or OGG? I have some rough drafts of Ogg music for CG I could finally try finishing up... :P
Wow look at me I'm lurking
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

IMF and OGG are both supported and will be in the future, there's no plan for removing one of the two options. Although imf has the obvious advantage of being extremely small, so more imf music would help keeping the filesize of the hqp low. But that doesn't mean ogg tracks aren't welcome.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

Awesome. I didn't think you were going to mix them, but rather have two separate packs (or obsolete the oggs). Good to hear I can still contribute Ogg; I'm hopeless at making IMFs or even IMF-compatible MIDIs.
Wow look at me I'm lurking
Toothpick
Vortininja

Post by Toothpick »

So does anyone want to at least make some music for Keen 1? I don't know the first thing about composing Keen music, but if no one else will, I might as well learn and try my own hand at making music for Keen 1. It might take a long time though.