Mystery of Isis IIa - v1.0a

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
ckGeoff2
Grunt

Re: Mystery of Isis IIa - v1.0a

Post by ckGeoff2 »

Do you mean you tried them in a new level (the custom level) or added to one of the existing levels and put back into the game? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Unlikely there'll be any more work on this. The most I could imagine is getting the engine to run more readily cross-platform (it in theory should work on Windows, Mac, Linux - but didn't easily last time we tested it). The full story and some of the future level outline (and even tiles) are included in the repo, so could be continued by anyone "keen" enough!
DarkAle
Vorticon Elite

Post by DarkAle »

ckGeoff2 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:06 Do you mean you tried them in a new level (the custom level) or added to one of the existing levels and put back into the game? I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Since they didn't work in the custom level, I modified Central Command to test them.
ckGeoff2 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:06 Unlikely there'll be any more work on this. The most I could imagine is getting the engine to run more readily cross-platform (it in theory should work on Windows, Mac, Linux - but didn't easily last time we tested it). The full story and some of the future level outline (and even tiles) are included in the repo, so could be continued by anyone "keen" enough!
Maybe, after finishing my trilogy I could continue this game, but I'm not completely sure
Commander Keen in... Robot Apocalypse!
Episode 13: The Ultra Omegamatic viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6802
Episode 14: Secret of the Sorcerer viewtopic.php?t=13031
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Post by Quillax »

Wow! What a surprise! :O Nice to see you here, Geoff! First off, thank you for the invaluable contributions you have made for the Keen fan community! You created CC314, took part in Keen MakeOver, and most important of all, you were the founder of this forum we're posting in! Again, thank you for all you've done! Without you, Keen may might as well have fallen into obscurity. With PCKF and CC314, Keen fans from all over the world came together and shared many thoughtful discussions and cool fan-made content, while many people have discovered their new favorite game series! Keen MakeOver spawned many fun and challenging levels, and in the end provided a very important stepping stone for what would eventually become the Keen modding scene as we know it today! Once again, thank you, Geoff!

Second, it's really neat to see the Isis II files! I was digging through them, and found some really cool artwork and designs! And wow, those levels are HUGE! :eek It's really cool to see the design document -- sounds like it would be a very cool game from start to finish! It would be awesome if someone were to finally get it finished one day. I do love mods, but it would also be nice to play a new, polished Keen game with a new engine and feel. I definitely need to play the latest version someday! It sounds so cool!
Quillax Ship - Where you can download all of my cool, keen mods and super-marvelous fangames!