OFF TOPIC THREAD: Where derailing the thread is impossible!

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
proYorp
Vorticon Elite

Re: OFF TOPIC THREAD: Where derailing the thread is impossible!

Post by proYorp »

@Roobar Is this a mod or is it official? What is this?

nanomekia wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 22:50 Good thoughts, plz?
Feel better nanomekia! Here uhh have a sheep: https://youtu.be/FwwIYdB_wic
"Friendly. Very friendly. Too friendly." Image
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

nanomekia wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 22:50 Ugh.

I'm having some horrible health issues and no one is entirely sure why they're happening.

Good thoughts, plz? I'm just so tired and confused and want nothing more than to just crawl into bed and never come out.
Sincerely wishing you a speedy recovery, mate. :)
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

Thanks y'all. :) I appreciate the good wishes.

Here's what's going on: some of you might know I was born with a condition called Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, hypermobility type. (Which basically means I am a living pretzel because of a lack of properly strong connective tissue.) It does not just affect my joints and flexibility though; it also mucks with my various bodily systems, especially the digestive system. Which is honestly the only reason anyone can think of for what's happened...

It turns out I've got stage 3 liver fibrosis - the stage right before cirrhosis for the record - and there is apparently no bloody reason why this has happened. Bloodwork and tests have come back utterly normal. Research does show the EDS can cause stuff like this, sounds legit enough, I plan to talk this out with my doc the next time I go in. It's currently not affecting me in any detrimental way, but it's very possible this will be an extremely big problem in the future, and treating it is only "treat the symptoms and not the cause" because the cause can't be treated. So yeah, that's...where things are at right now.

*shrugs*

Gargin' bodies, man. How do they.
Writer. Translator. Player of games. Only bites when asked nicely.

"That's ten pounds of yikes in a five-pound bag."
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Look at top left
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

That's a cool little graphic. Those were the special versions like 1.5 in Galaxy and I believe 1.32 or something in Vorticons, right?
proYorp
Vorticon Elite

Post by proYorp »

Grandy02 wrote: [from Keen Fanart Archive http://archive.shikadi.net/pckf/fanart-z.htm#zorath]

Keen Avatar (modification of this, wherever it is from)
this wrote:Image
^ Source found? (Compare to Roobar's post above.) Looks very similar, although in this smaller image the blue/white stripe goes behind the emblem. Perhaps this is from the back of the box?
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Post by Quillax »

According to this page from good old All-You-Can-Eat Commander Keen, I guess the image* proYorp is talking about comes from a package that also contained the Gravis joystick (not gamepad!) and Microsoft Flight Simulator. Note that the author mentions that the picture is on the bottom-left corner of the box, unlike in the box Roobar is showing.

That is a neat graphic, by the way! It's weird seeing Keen with a long-sleeve shirt, though, and I can't tell if he's holding his Neural Stunner or that's a belt. Thanks for sharing the neat picture, Roobar!

*The image seems to be broken when displayed here, but the link works perfectly. That's odd. :confused
Quillax Ship - Where you can download all of my cool, keen mods and super-marvelous fangames!
Grandy02
Vortininja

Post by Grandy02 »

Quillax wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:01 *The image seems to be broken when displayed here, but the link works perfectly. That's odd. :confused
Probably the same problem that occured with images from KeenWiki in the past. archive.shikadi.net still lacks HTTPS.

Anyways, thanks for pointing that out. :) I spotted the image from AYCECK on another ancient fansite that had no information about its source.
PCKF Archive - The Keen Community's Past (and Present) | grandy02.shikadi.net
proYorp
Vorticon Elite

Post by proYorp »

Quillax wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:01 *The image seems to be broken when displayed here, but the link works perfectly. That's odd. :confused
The image(s) in my post? They both show up just fine for me. Weird. Guess I'll have to keep HTTPS in mind when linking images.
Pandakeen
Vortininja

Post by Pandakeen »

I don't know where else to put this, so I guess I'll just bump this thread.

On PCKF currently, out of the 2816 members, only 721 of them had made at least 1 post, only 26% of all accounts.
On Keen:Modding, out of the 9917 members there, only 254 of them had made at least 1 post, only 3% of all accounts.
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Post by Quillax »

proYorp wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 8:28
The image(s) in my post? They both show up just fine for me. Weird. Guess I'll have to keep HTTPS in mind when linking images.
The images load fine for me now, although that's probably because I'm using a different browser (Pale Moon).
Pandakeen wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 13:47 I don't know where else to put this, so I guess I'll just bump this thread.

On PCKF currently, out of the 2816 members, only 721 of them had made at least 1 post, only 26% of all accounts.
On Keen:Modding, out of the 9917 members there, only 254 of them had made at least 1 post, only 3% of all accounts.
I wouldn't be too surprised if most of those who made zero posts were spambots. From a quick look at the member list on PCKF, it seems a lot of such users have either normal names or very weird (gibberish in some cases) names.
Quillax Ship - Where you can download all of my cool, keen mods and super-marvelous fangames!
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Post by Quillax »

I was browsing through The Mushroom Kingdom (nostalgic, good ol' Mario fansite!), and in the list of SMB3 MIDIs, I found a MIDI from the one and only Xky Rauh! Check it out!

https://themushroomkingdom.net/media/smb3/mid

(It's the second MIDI.)
XkyRauh wrote:
It's a really good MIDI! I wonder when it was made -- I might've heard a portion of it in some old TGF/CNC Mario fangame. I definitely must use it someday! :D
XkyRauh
Mortimer's RightHand Man

Post by XkyRauh »

Quillax wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:12 I was browsing through The Mushroom Kingdom (nostalgic, good ol' Mario fansite!), and in the list of SMB3 MIDIs, I found a MIDI from the one and only Xky Rauh! Check it out!
It's a really good MIDI! I wonder when it was made -- I might've heard a portion of it in some old TGF/CNC Mario fangame. I definitely must use it someday! :D
Haha I remember doing that one! I've done a bunch of NES MIDIs in the past. vgmusic.com was the main site I contributed to. Glad you liked it.
Soul Monster
Vortininja

Post by Soul Monster »

Can someone help me out here? This is pretty random, but does anyone know what the heck Paramultart's avatar is from? I've been trying to figure this out for a while. I'm assuming it's from some cartoon from the 80s or 90s judging by the art style. I've been asking my friends if they know, and while they seem to remember the visual, they don't know what it's from. I thought it looked like Count Chocula going through a werewolf transformation, and I've read a few of his posts to a friend, and he says that thing looks like it could be a fart monster.
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

Soul Monster wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:35 Can someone help me out here? This is pretty random, but does anyone know what the heck Paramultart's avatar is from? I've been trying to figure this out for a while. I'm assuming it's from some cartoon from the 80s or 90s judging by the art style. I've been asking my friends if they know, and while they seem to remember the visual, they don't know what it's from. I thought it looked like Count Chocula going through a werewolf transformation, and I've read a few of his posts to a friend, and he says that thing looks like it could be a fart monster.
*ptart.jpg*
I always wondered the same thing. I'm afraid after I vanished from the community I lost Ptart's contact info somewhere along the way too. That was a long time ago now...

I always somehow guessed it was from a children's book, maybe from the 60s-80s or thereabouts, but it could be from an animation too of similar vintage.