Coherant: ckguy's Music

Discuss your favorite movies, books, and music here or just lounge around and see what other people think is classy.
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Coherant: ckguy's Music

Post by ckguy »

Hey all. As a few of you know I record music sometimes, and I decided that it would be good for me to force myself to post about it and ask people to listen to it. So. http://www.coherant.org/ It's there. Today I released what I would consider my fourth 'real album', 'We Are Half of Us'. On the front page of that site you can see those four main albums, but if you poke around you can find a couple of other things.

- 'Piano-Conveyed' is some piano stuff I recorded about four/five years ago and released last February.
- 'Innate' and 'Equally Unthought Equals Unthinkable' are similar, released in September and November of last year. They both consist mainly of things I recorded on my keyboard and then mixed together on my keyboard, together with some other samples and odds and ends.
- 'We Are Half of Us' is a predominately-piano album, with some electronic thingies in it. It was recorded over two months from December to February, and then edited together into something that hopefully makes sense as a whole.

I'm absolutely terrible at writing anything resembling a resume. Have at these, people. Some of them are pretty okay. Today's new album 'We Are Half of Us' in particular is I think the best thing of any sort that I have ever created.
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

I'm listening to Piano-Conveyed right now, and I like what I hear.
"A Simple Thing To Convey" is pretty awesome.

I think you really sold yourself short with the album art, though.
"Father Mabeuf was surveying his plants"
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

Just listened to Piano-Conveyed; lovely! Reminded me of ELP in places for some reason.

I think the album art is good too.

Edit: Just started We Are Half of Us. Omanomanomanomanoamaonaomaonaomaonaomanoaomaonaomaoanoamaonaomaonaomaonaoamaonoaman
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

Paramultart wrote:I think you really sold yourself short with the album art, though.
Haha yeah graphics/design skills are not my strong point.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

40:54

lol
Image You crack me up little buddy!
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

@ckguy: Were these songs ever notated, or at least memorized, or were they all just freestyle?
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

Paramultart wrote:@ckguy: Were these songs ever notated, or at least memorized, or were they all just freestyle?
No nothing was ever notated. Some things were kind of planned, yeah. But that first album, Piano-Conveyed, was just improvisations: turn on recording, play a thing, turn off recording. No editing, etc. Later things have a much higher ratio of time-spent per time-of-final-product (i.e., higher than 1) because of layering or (in the case of W.A.H.o.U.) editing together a billion different bits together so it sounds like actually one thing somewhat.

Some of the musical ideas in them have been bouncing around in my head for years, but I've written down practically none of them. I have I think exactly one sheet of staff paper hanging around that I've written some things on, and that was several years ago.
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

Oh hey again, this thread.

http://www.coherant.org/album/no-object-i

No Object volume 1. There is too much stuff on this album but some of it is pretty good.
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

Oh hey again again, this thread.

http://www.coherant.org/album/icono

Icono. Unlike the previous one, I managed to release this album while I still thought it was good.
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

Oh hey bumping this thread because I just finished something I've been working on sporadically since February.

A Weakness for Fiction

I feel this is a step in at least some sort of direction vs. my previous stuff. Lyrics all over the place, lots of personal themes/topics discussed, but hopefully not a total wangst-fest. My goal with this was 'let's make an album and not try to crank it out as quickly as possible'.

Also, it features artwork by ex-PCKF-er Genius314/Kdash.
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

Wait, Genius314 == Kdash?! Woaaaaah...

Also, thanks for bumping the thread, this is quite interesting.
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

Maybe I should've tagged this Not Safe For Teens. Iunno how I feel about Fleexy listening to this. Try not to get too corrupted ok
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

Kdash = G314? WHAT? Is he//she also Keenrush? That would explain the sockpuppet conspiracy
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

Genius314 changed his Twitter name to KDash314 and then just KDash because he said people didn't get the Keen reference. It's weird how on here he's seen as this major Keening celebrity but on Twitter he's perfectly normal! If you're interested, he released an album recently too, though I forget his Bandcamp name...

(He's on Twitter @Kdash314, BTW for those who don't know yet)
Cereal Board!
Deltamatic wrote:Prepositions are things I end sentences with.
(Cereal wiki has sadly died)