Sign of the Vool

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
DarkAle
Vorticon Elite

Re: Sign of the Vool

Post by DarkAle »

Ceilick wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:31 Until then, is anyone interested in composing music for this project? Most of the composers I've worked with in the past have since left our community (although if any of them are reading, I'd love the opportunity to work together again!). Nisaba has given me a couple references which I'll contact as well. Please post or PM if you are interested :)
If you want, I can do something for you
Commander Keen in... Robot Apocalypse!
Episode 13: The Ultra Omegamatic viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6802
Episode 14: Secret of the Sorcerer viewtopic.php?t=13031
Nowhere Girl
Vortininja

Post by Nowhere Girl »

Hi, are there any news? I'm love to see this game finished, even as a small game of a few levels. The background graphics are probably the best I have seen in a Commander Keen game, better than CK1 Galaxy remake, CK5, "Valentine Bash", "Atroxian Realm", "Operation Orcflore"...
DoomJedi
Vorticon Elite

Post by DoomJedi »

Yeah, hope it'll get to be released too.
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

I've got quite a lot going on right now, enough that I'm having to postpone work on my current Keen projects, but as far as Sign of the Vool goes:

I hope to work on this again someday. Quite a lot is done, but a lot remains to be done as well, and the fact is that the completed stuff is all random; it's not the case that the game is complete up to a certain point.

I can guarantee a gameplay demo can be released if I just throw together some showcase levels. However, these would likely be nothing like what would be in the final release of the game. I'm not sure if I want to do that if I actually begin work again.
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

Any updates on this project?
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

Nothing to report at this time :dead2 My priority when it comes to Keening will be with my levelpack trilogy before returning to this.
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Post by Benvolio »

I totally understand your need to prioritise! Life isn't for most of us what it was in the early 2000s because we're grown-ups now (or if were grown-ups then, are proper adults now)... but so many of us are keeping alive the spirit of those younger times which is fantastic. I'd truly love to see Vool reach completion at some point. It's definitely up there with the top echelon of Galaxy projects of all time.

The only tip I can give is to remember that, actually, a mod can still be a complete and significant opus of work without having the standard 16 levels. I would say eight levels is as low as most "full" mods should go. But you can alleviate yourself of the pressure to churn out a larger number of good levels, and the associated graphical work that would give such levels the variety of scenery that they would deserve.