Misconceptions

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
proYorp
Vortininja

Re: Misconceptions

Post by proYorp » Thu Jan 03, 2019 17:24

I also thought " :foot " was either Keen drinking a soda or blowing bubblegum, until I saw the name "foot in mouth". :p
55Aavenue wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:41
proYorp wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:02
the Perilous Pit was absolutely some kind of odd-shaped dirt cylinder
Its not?? :O
You should see this thread: viewtopic.php?t=3039 . There were a few attempts to correct it, although some of the images there are dead.
LOL, the real question is, did anyone here actually see the Perilous Pit as it was intended?
"Friendly. Very friendly. Too friendly." :yorp

Hisymak
Vortininja

Post by Hisymak » Thu Jan 03, 2019 20:04

the real question is, did anyone here actually see the Perilous Pit as it was intended?
Well, after I grew up and learned English, I could actually understand the level name. Then I looked carefully at the graphics, and from then, I saw it really like a hole in the ground.
Earlier, when I was a small kid, it seemed for me to be a... piece of meat? Probably the craziest idea ever mentioned here.

IceDuck347
Vortininja

Post by IceDuck347 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:08

Well... now I remember some things.

I allways thought that Flect held some sort of metal rod instead or being his theet, until I saw him stunned.

I remember thinking thas SGA texts were written in japanese. (Probably because I was a kid)

Princess Lindsey was keen girlfriend? I always wanted that to be real because I thought she was cute... so I was happy with the end of keen 9 :lindsey

I thought Spindred was a top...

I remember my dad playing keen 4...

Skypests were "moscas verdes" (green flies)

So... for last...

I never undesrtood the sprite of the gem holder with the gem already placed on it. Later, I realized that it was the holder with the gem on it...
Signed. IceDuck347 Have a nice day!

Kayburt
Grunt

Post by Kayburt » Sun Apr 21, 2019 18:49

When I first saw Keen die in the Vorticon Trilogy, I thought he had been decapitated, not noticing his shoes at the bottom which instead meant he had been squashed almost flat.

loop4ever
Grunt

Post by loop4ever » Mon Apr 22, 2019 22:02

When I first saw Keen die in the Vorticon Trilogy, I thought he had been decapitated, not noticing his shoes at the bottom which instead meant he had been squashed almost flat.
That's exactly the same thing I used to think!

Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:03

loop4ever wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 22:02
That's exactly the same thing I used to think!
It's a pretty odd animation - I suspect a lot of people have been confused over the years.
"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass