PCKF Keen 6 Patchwork LevelPair

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.

Is this neat?

Yes
64%
Yes
36%

Total votes: 11

lemm
Blorb

PCKF Keen 6 Patchwork LevelPair

Post by lemm »

Original Topic

I originally started this patchwork levelpack last year. The goal was to assemble 18 Keen 6 levels by piecing together small level chunks contributed by the community.

Anyway, I got lazy and stopped at two. I'm releasing it for Keen day 2014 before I forget.

Thank you to everyone who contributed and fucl you to every one who said he would but didn't.

Enjoy! :yorp

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/378 ... ar2014.zip
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Re: PCKF Keen 6 Patchwork LevelPair

Post by Paramultart »

lemm wrote:...and fucl you to every one who said he would but didn't.
:(
"Father Mabeuf was surveying his plants"
Gridlock
Vorticon Elite

Post by Gridlock »

This is neat. Though I obviously must be losing my keening edge since I couldn't remember the name orbatrix for the creature question (maybe you could include the patch that skips that?).

Unfortunately, there is a "No free spots in tilearray" crash while you are inside section 5 (wiivn) of the manufacturing level if you go to the bottom left of that section.

Also, it looks like someone forgot to put in a red gem and a green door, making my door on the bottom right absolutely pointless. Oh well.
Armageddon Begins Again. The Alphamatic has arrived.

Atroxian Realm: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3536
The Alphamatic: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4086
lemm
Blorb

Post by lemm »

Hmm, yeah it was late and I just tried to hurry it up and get it done. And I thought that I fixed the section 5 crash but I guess not.

I'll go back and add both of those in.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Wow... so many tile bugs. Also, no free spots in tilearray crash. (Level 2)
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

I might add a level analysis wizard to Abiathar to help stop things like this. Maybe also check for broken animations... *opens Visual Studio*
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Fleexy wrote:I might add a level analysis wizard to Abiathar to help stop things like this. Maybe also check for broken animations... *opens Visual Studio*

Sir, that would be the platinum seal on that program. We're well aware of the basic limits to Keen (The wiki has a patch page dealing with errors.) and it'd be nice to spot them before the game goes bonkers.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

I have to say the levels are amazing. It's really interesting to see different parts fit together. The idea worked well and I enjoyed playing it, at least the first level. The second level is crashing somewhere in the middle (after picking up a soda I think) and is much harder. It was and still is an unique and cool idea that, unfortunately, isn't living up to its full potential. Too bad you abandon it. Maybe with the new editor there's hope? And maybe levels with less, but productive people involved per level would work better?
lemm
Blorb

Post by lemm »

Yeah, I actually have more keening stuff in the works. If someone else wants to keep the project alive, go for it.
Levack
Vortininja

Post by Levack »

It is a bit tricky to get past the 2nd level but it can be done.