The Ocflore Project

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
{DARKDUNE}
Vortininja

Post by {DARKDUNE} »

I very much like the background tiles (especially the wooden grid), the telescope in the first level, and the platforms hanging from the ropes.
btw, if you need assistance with leveldesign or sounds and music, pm me and i'll help :dopefish
Netkeen TUIT coming up
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

I like the idea of this locked away Pole. It's an elegant way bypassing these good ol doors or bridges.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Will there be an yearly update on this? :begging You haven't posted updates for ages...
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

may I ask the same question over here as well?!
any news: I do hope this isn't yet another abandoned mod. It looks way too beautiful to be forgotten.
out now (link) : Image
Bubbatom
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bubbatom »

Nisaba wrote:may I ask the same question over here as well?!
any news: I do hope this isn't yet another abandoned mod. It looks way too beautiful to be forgotten.
Eh, certainly not abandoned but this project is on the back burner for the moment, I'm doing this one at my own pace (how could you be slower than my last project tho?) but it's come a long way since I last updated. Might get around to divulging a bit more soon
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

Bubbatom wrote:[...] it's come a long way since I last updated. Might get around to divulging a bit more soon
An updated version for the already existing playable demo would be so neat! maybe an additional level in order to bridge the time gap. I'd vote for the Ancient Observatory

(of course if this isn't too much to ask for! this creation is teasing me so much, it's so delicious it makes me wanna platz.)
Bubbatom
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bubbatom »

Not sure I'll be able to get a Christmas update ready this year as I'm in China for the rest of the year and certain restrictions are in place that make using the Internet a bit of a chore. Hoping to get a little something out shortly after new years.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

After Chinese new year? :crazy
Bubbatom
Vorticon Elite

Re: The Ocflore Project

Post by Bubbatom »

Keen day has rolled around again now has it?
Well as of late life's been getting a long way ahead of me so anyone who still remembers this project hasn't seen anything on it for a long time. But I've been chiseling on this one in the background for a while now and the last month has seen a lot of work go into this when I've had time. Here's a few more screens for your patience, it's getting there and it's serving as a leisurely sideline to the constant bombardment of life which is what I always hope it'd turn into.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g54wkmb2u0zl3 ... 4.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rzrgmbcc1lxj7 ... 5.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/smvkoeffn0mpm ... 8.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ziqfg04dvqswz ... 9.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t11efx15cm83t ... 0.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c8ylisakjvmab ... 1.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/im8m0kmrm4sxm ... 2.png?dl=0

As for my everlasting project that always seems to be getting somewhere yet still going nowhere Suburb Shenanigans is just awaiting a few boss related bits and pieces (I've sort of handed this project over to Levellass to finish as I really wanted to move on to new things and had a real hard time working out exactly what the hell I wanted to do about the boss but oh well).

I'll be keen to check out what other cool keen work has been going on lately so that may distract me from my own project for a bit!
Last edited by Bubbatom on Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:18, edited 1 time in total.
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

oh..... that's beautiful!
again, what an outstanding work of yours. so good and comforting to hear that this isn't another abandoned project.

I recognize the 5th image. your 1-level-demo tileset already gave a glimpse of it, didn't it?
this all looks very promising. thank god you've shared some more screens. this way it might be easier for me to wait patiently. somehow it feels like back in the day when little snippets fired my imagination which could carried me for months.

hopefully one of your mods gets finished before I managed to put together my Handheld Commander Keen Gameboy mod... (I'm working on it for months)

anyways, looking forward to see this in action some day. till then I need to use the power of my imagination...
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Post by Quillax »

Those screens are looking as beautiful as usual, Bubbatom! ;) I'm amazed by how much details you've managed to put into those screens! The water level screens got me a bit interested.
Quillax Ship - Where you can download all of my cool, keen mods and super-marvelous fangames!
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

These environments are looking great and very Keenish. I especially like that last one with the stone skyscraper background.

Keep chipping away at it. Start panicking when it's been 14 years.
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

Gee whiz, those screenshots are neat! Looks like a very well-rounded, well-developed, and completely unique Keen game.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
Zilem
Vortininja

Post by Zilem »

these screenshots reminds me of something Romero said in an interview. (time stamped)
So when the background looks like it have it's own level architecture, it cannot have been made for the Galaxy engine, but something greater!
The Difference Between a Mod and Fan art?, a Fan art is a Concept and a Mod is that Concept put into life.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Bubbatom wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:31I'll be keen to check out what other cool keen work has been going on lately so that may distract me from my own project for a bit!
Well, I have some news too. I've been working on the drawn map from time to time in the past few months and now it is finished with some water animations. Short level, but at least it's finished. Btw let me know if you're interested in working with 16 bit graphics.