I made a mod - Keen episode 59: Underworld Ultimate!

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Couldn't you just have something that detects if the up arrow key is being pressed?
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Dynamo
Vorticon Elite

Post by Dynamo »

Wow.

Just wow.

No words can explain how good this is, and I thought it was impossible to do better than its predecessor...
Bernie
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bernie »

NY000123 wrote:the structure with the four circuits (eventually leading to the boss level) can be seen on the world map.
uh, what? that doesnt even make sense. you guys are playing with me!!
its just cause either the entire base is seen or none of it at all.

and i dunno about making the chests open with an UP arrow, it doesnt bother me much. i guess i could always try it at some point. you know, when i start caring again.

and i love you CKeen ;)
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

One day, one day your jaded and stony heart will soften. Until then we mourn for you.
Bernie
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bernie »

leave me be, in my solitude.
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

No! Let the carebears into your heart!

"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

How the game is supposed to run vs. how it actually runs when I play it, and other observations:

The Great Seal requires 3 weird shaped gems in order to open it. Those gems are located in Cave of Secrets, Cave of Illusions and Understream. When I play it, the Great Seal is already open after I only have 2 gems.

The first Drea's Domain is supposed to open up a path to the left side of the world map, which now makes it able to access several levels including Ancient Ruins, Temple of Om, Realm of Lost Magic, Machined Chasm, Cave of Boings, Standard Secret Level Stuff (indirectly), Fountain, the second Drea's Domain, and other gnomes. This does work fine for me.

When the gnome extends the bridge everything is fine at first, but when you go to another part of the world map for awhile and then come back to the bridge it is now invisible. It is still there and you can still run across it, but the bridge and the gnome who extended it are no longer to be seen.

The second Drea's Domain is supposed to uncloak the Kreeg Base (a gnome earlier in the game mentions machines that are cloaked), but when I go across the gnome bridge the base is already visible. Secondly, when I complete the second Drea's Domain it takes one of my gold booze bottles away from me!

The secret levels
Cave of Boings: A hidden path leads to this level

Some Other Game: a special potion opens a portal to this level

McZazgag's: hidden near the base

Standard Secret Level Stuff: When you collect all 5 gold booze bottles, they are inserted into the Fountain and a portal opens up there. The bottles are located in Cave of Secrets, Temple of Om, Machined Chasm, Base Station, and in the Gnome Garden (a special item is needed to dig into the garden).

In Standard Secret Level Stuff almost the entire left side of the level is unreachable, the level is ridiculously difficult, there are two goblins right above where you get the gray gem, but they turn you into clocks, candles and urns almost endlessly, so you end up frozen from 1-10 minutes straight and even if you happen to get the chance to move, you have to jump stalagmites and more times than not the goblins will zap you as you are jumping over forcing you to land on them. This level is almost not worth playing. Even when you go to the unreachable left side by cheating, even then, it is ridiculously difficult.

The Kreeg base levels are ridiculously difficult as well, even on easy. I would hate to play this game on hard. It is probably impossible.

There are several different potions besides the ones revealed in the game:
1up potion
ammo potion
score potion
death potion (yes, if you get this combination it will actually kill you!)
stuffed teddy potion
secret level potion

Play on and have fun...
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
Bernie
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bernie »

well yeah i suppose theres a bunch of bugs still in it which i'll never be bothered to fix. ...i dunno, maybe one day, when im on my deathbed, i might go back to fix them up. and also i gotta fix the difficulty.

thanks for pointing out the issues anyways syllypryde. <3
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

We need to put this on some sort of digital game database because this mod ran out of Steam.
Bernie
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bernie »

wow. ill pretend you didnt type that levellass. dont worry :)

well the mod didnt run out of steam, i did. i actually regret wasting my damn life making this and the Ruin of Roib one. Well... maybe there was some sort of lesson I learnt making them, technically. maybe in the future ill get involved in game making or something and the lessons i learnt from these mods (like memory conservation, or finding out how the engine dealt with things) will come back to me. hmmm.

its weird how you dont really know what something has taught you in life. it kinda just... bubbles up to the surface at some point. a lot of the time subconsciously.
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

I think Keen Dreams is about to run out of Steam...
mortimermcmirestinks wrote: Now I wish MoffD wasn't allergic to me.
Levellass wrote:You're an evil man.
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

Well I certainly don't regret wasting my time playing both of your amazing mods, mate. :drool The graphics are absolutely spectacular and the atmosphere is breathtaking, even moreso with the great music. This is truly Keen Galaxy taken to a whole new level.
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

Ruin of Roib might be my favorite galaxy mod, it's not only beautiful and darkly funny but also an amazing work of reengineering the engine. I have to confess I haven't played much of this one but it looks damn good too. You shouldn't regret making things this awesome. :)
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

:O :O :O
WHAAAT?! I cannot reading what I'm believe! You better be joking or else! Stop b1tching and go fix the save/load=lost gem bug noaw!!!1! or I'll take the 1st flight to Sidney and you'll regret that moar!
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

Me thinks that save-state DosBox is our only hope. I am no attempting a saveless, deathless Roib run.
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!