I made a mod - Keen episode 59: Underworld Ultimate!

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
Bernie
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bernie »

sorry wiivn. you're a great guy but I really don't care to fix the bugs any time soon. but hey come to Sydney and beat me up by all means ;) atleast ill get that pckf meeting happening (even if its a brawl).

but troublesomekeen, I didn't know there was any more serious issues with roib :/ I thought I de-bugged that sucker good.

and thanks nospike ;) I love you long time.
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

Bernie wrote:but troublesomekeen, I didn't know there was any more serious issues with roib :/ I thought I de-bugged that sucker good.
Oh, pardon me. I meant the difficulty of the game--and I say that because I'm such an impatient, terrible keener. I've actually never had any crashes or bugs with the Roib games. Cheers!
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
Bernie
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bernie »

ohh ok. so its still too hard huh? i actually made it much easier over the various versions. hmmmmm. thanks for pointing it out anyways.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Bernie wrote:well the mod didnt run out of steam, i did. i actually regret wasting my damn life making this and the Ruin of Roib one. Well... maybe there was some sort of lesson I learnt making them, technically. maybe in the future ill get involved in game making or something and the lessons i learnt from these mods (like memory conservation, or finding out how the engine dealt with things) will come back to me. hmmm.
So we can be totally assured it will never see a sequel? The story ends here?
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Bernie
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bernie »

no the story doesnt end there, but i sure do! haha.
i had story ideas for the third episode and everything but no, theres no chance in hell i'll make it. im surprised i even made the second one :/
NY00123
Vorticon Elite

Post by NY00123 »

Well, already having my comments on these mods beforehand, I guess I can add these points:

- Although I see the, erm, difficulties with that, someone else can always make an unofficial continuation of the mods, I guess?
- While not the same style of modding (and obviously with less limitations), some source codes can prove to be useful (as I've already said at least once, while we don't exactly have the sources for Keen 1-5 as-is, we do have sources for Keen Dreams and Catacomb 3-D, which can possibly be merged to a program not far from any of Keen 4-6 tech-wise).
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Well, if Bernie don't want to fix the lost gem glitch, could someone else do it? Levellass?
Bernie
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bernie »

haha, actually yeah i did have this naieve idea that levellass would, for some reason, fix up the bugs in my mod.
NY00123 wrote: - Although I see the, erm, difficulties with that, someone else can always make an unofficial continuation of the mods, I guess?
yeah that'll be cool. but i strongly urge everyone here to get on with your real lives and dont waste your time making keen mods like i did! keen modding has ruined my life. :(
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Seriously? Then why not leave the forum and stop wasting time here? I mean what exactly does it ruined in your life?
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Post by entropicdecay »

Bernie wrote:but i strongly urge everyone here to get on with your real lives and dont waste your time making keen mods like i did! keen modding has ruined my life. :(
Well, if you feel that way, that's unfortunate. But I don't think you can really make the assumption that Keen modding is likely to be something many people will regret spending time with. I respect you have the right to make your own decisions about what you spend time on, so I think you ought to give that respect to others if they don't think it's a waste of their time
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Bernie wrote:haha, actually yeah i did have this naieve idea that levellass would, for some reason, fix up the bugs in my mod.
I'd do it, but people would need to make a list of them, plus I'd need to figure out what the hey everything did plus it'd need to be around February next year after a few mod releases. (ASSUMING ANYONE WILL HELP ME WITH TE DREAMS BUG!!!)

Bernie wrote:yeah that'll be cool. but i strongly urge everyone here to get on with your real lives and dont waste your time making keen mods like i did! keen modding has ruined my life. :(
I do believe this is sarcasm. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... inYourLife
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Post by entropicdecay »

Ah, if it is sarcastic then I apologise for not realising
Bernie
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bernie »

haha yeah, take it easy. :p
Levellass wrote: I'd do it, but people would need to make a list of them,
yeah to be honest i should really do it. i know where stuff is etc. still though! dont care enough ;)
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

This is due to a lack of mental motivation. This can be remedied by increasing physical motivation.

Where did I put my whacking stick...?
Bernie
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bernie »

haha. so the one girl on the boards, who all the guys drool over, is going to whack me? ooo baby ;) thats supposed to motivate me to do anything else how?

but really its just im working on other creative projects in my life right now. doing some stuff that might actually get me a job or god knows what one day. the hell can i do with a keen mod :( (and hey im 30 years old. you get to a point where you need to think about your future a tad).