Jumpman Forever (new)

Discuss classic and favorite computer or console games here.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Jumpman Forever (new)

Post by Roobar »

So there was a kickstarter for the revival of Jumpman and now you can buy it from here: http://www.midnightryder.com/jumpman-forever/

Since I'm a backer of it, I've received my version. But, I have an additional one and I'll give my second download code for free to anyone who is interested in Jumpman Forever.

The game pretty much resembles Jumpman Lives! Bear in mind that even though it says it's version 1.01 it still feels more like an unfinished game. Also, it is harder. The author promised future updates to include level editor and other stuff.
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

Wow wow wow wow, wait a second. This feels and looks oddly familiar. What is Jumpman?
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Ehrm what? Just youtube jumpman or jumpman lives.
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

Just got around to looking it up. It's not what I had in mind sadly, but it's always good to see a classic game revived, no matter which one. :p
Lunick
Vortininja

Post by Lunick »

Not sure that's the quality of a game sequel I would expect after so many years.
Lunick is Here
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Did you tried it? Tbh, the more I play it, the better I become at it and the more I like it. Now when I play Jumpman Lives, the classic feels more odd and the new one feels much better and improved... You can tell the differences between the two. I agree that graphically it's not really that great, but they aren't that important here anyway.
Lunick
Vortininja

Post by Lunick »

The controls/gameplay looks like it has improved a lot in general but it looks/feels more like an upgrade or a remake.
Lunick is Here
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

Can I get that download code?
"Father Mabeuf was surveying his plants"
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Sure, you're the first one to want it, so I'll send it to you via pm. However, it's surprising that you want it, since your game quality requirements are really high and this game won't deliver. But I guess it'll be fun seeing you bash it for all its flaws, especially if ever played the original :).
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

I was a big fan of Apogee's Jumpman Lives. Nerdily enough, I actually memorized how to recreate all the player sprites pixel by pixel in MS-Paint. (Same with Duke and Johnny Dash)

Thank you for the download code, wiivn. I can't wait to play this. :)
"Father Mabeuf was surveying his plants"