Romero auctions new & signed copy of boxed Keen: AAMBS

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
captaintrips
Grunt

Romero auctions new & signed copy of boxed Keen: AAMBS

Post by captaintrips »

Romero's apparently been doing some spring cleaning lately, selling all sorts of collectibles, such as this new, shiny boxed original personal copy of Commander Keen: Aliens Ate My babysitter, on 5.25' floppy disk.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/271887101301

He notes that he will sign it upon request (on his original post) and include a couple of extras too, such as COA.

Also, I believe I saw where he stated he can get Tom Hall too sign at as well based on another post upon request.

He's also got a "Spear of Destiny" signed copy up for grabs as well.

Pretty unique, not sure if it was posted here yet or not... be the rarest thing in a Keen collection methinks :)

:p
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Post by Flaose »

I did post about this a few hours before you (https://pckf.rigeltechnical.com/viewtopic.php?t=2969&start=60) but it's still worth talking about. :D Definitely one of the rarest copies of Keen, but certainly not worth the price it's going for, I'd say.
Cerebral Cortex 314 - For All of your Commander Keen Needs.
Eat at Joe's
captaintrips
Grunt

Post by captaintrips »

whoops sorry bout that floose... swear I did my due diligence in searching for prior posts but missed yours.
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Re: Romero auctions new & signed copy of boxed Keen: AAM

Post by Keening_Product »

Welcome to the forum!
captaintrips wrote:the rarest thing in a Keen collection methinks :)
No. That would be the source code.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
captaintrips
Grunt

Post by captaintrips »

Ahhh. success. I'm going to see if I can get Tom Hall to sign it too! :)

Image[/img]
mortimer
Blistering Barnacles

Post by mortimer »

:garg :garg :garg :garg :garg
Last edited by mortimer on Sun Jul 12, 2020 20:47, edited 1 time in total.
Billions of blue blistering barnacles in a thousand thundering typhoons!
captaintrips
Grunt

Post by captaintrips »

I also want to mention how badass Romero is...

He contacted me unexpectedly to inform me he still had a shrinkwrapped copy that was in mint condition, as he had originally listed a good condition opened box copy. He said if I preferred, he would send me the unopened copy.

Just freakin awesome how these guys go out of their way to make sure their fans get the very best. Very, very cool, and raises the bar. The original id guys always have kept higher standards than the rest of the industry and that is what makes them the most admirable in the industry :)
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Cool! Congrats!
captaintrips wrote:I also want to mention how badass Romero is...

He contacted me unexpectedly to inform me he still had a shrinkwrapped copy that was in mint condition, as he had originally listed a good condition opened box copy. He said if I preferred, he would send me the unopened copy.

Just freakin awesome how these guys go out of their way to make sure their fans get the very best. Very, very cool, and raises the bar. The original id guys always have kept higher standards than the rest of the industry and that is what makes them the most admirable in the industry :)
Agree with that.

Also, could you take some more picture of the back of the box, but vertical with a better focus, so it can be read?
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

That is much too excellent. Thanks for sharing!
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

That succulent box cover with beautiful contents :drool I'm sure I'm not the only one envious of your purchase although this isn't the first collection of mint keens we've seen
mortimermcmirestinks wrote: Now I wish MoffD wasn't allergic to me.
Levellass wrote:You're an evil man.
captaintrips
Grunt

Post by captaintrips »

MoffD wrote:That succulent box cover with beautiful contents :drool I'm sure I'm not the only one envious of your purchase although this isn't the first collection of mint keens we've seen
....though likely none from Romero's personal collection :P

If anyone knows of those threads, would love to see them myself. Still curious at what the other boxes look like :o
joe-ilya
Vortininja

Post by joe-ilya »

Does it have grammar mistakes?
Me and omer made a rainbow dash HUD for doom, for our mistake most of the doomers are anti-bronies. Image