Commander Kylie

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
Zilem
Vortininja

Post by Zilem »

Commander Spleen wrote:Cool idea. I would suggest modifying the facial features to be a bit more feminine, though. Currently with the hair tied back it's hard to ignore the familiar Billy Blaze face.
hmm... You may be be on to something... the in-level sprite, right?
I knew i had worked my eyes blind to something...
Paramultart wrote:This reminds me of my first mod, "Commander Keen with a Red Shirt".
Why does this remind you of that?
Keening_Product wrote:people have different creative directions and ideas
Indeed, if we all just did the same, modding would be pretty dull, and not as full of ideas and creativity that it is.
VikingBoyBilly wrote:I don't care what her hairstyle is, but it shouldn't be a red ponytail with brown bangs and eyebrows.
Yet you do. Her hair is a loose ponytail, with a red ribbon.
however, if you want other colors, feel free to do that yourself.
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

KYLIE IS AN INDEPENDENT WOMYN! STOP OPPRESSING HER WITH YOUR GENDERIZED FASHION EXPECTATIONS!
"Father Mabeuf was surveying his plants"
joe-ilya
Vortininja

Post by joe-ilya »

Keening_Product wrote:
joe-ilya wrote:Yeah, the hair should fall on her shoulders, and maybe even give her differently colored clothing.
Do you tell everyone you meet how to dress and what hair cut they should have? :disguised

I've not had a chance to play this yet,* but would like to remind everyone that different people have different creative directions and ideas. Nobody is wrong. I'm a guy with hair as long as his back - Kylie can wear whatever the smeg she wants and have her hair however the garg she likes.

*am looking forward to doing so though
But she should be distinguishable from billy on first site, you wouldn't give your twins the same clothing, will you? I dunno, right now this looks like some teenage girl doing a cosplay of "erotic commander keen" but if that's what you want; keep it. :foot
Me and omer made a rainbow dash HUD for doom, for our mistake most of the doomers are anti-bronies. Image
cyber zero
Vortininja

Post by cyber zero »

An alternative universe where Billy is a girl? This is so cool. It gives me even more reasons to keep playing Keen 4. :D I'm looking foward for the other two games. I love the animation for Kylie, especially the hair. :) Keep up the good work.
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

I can't wait for them to make Duke Nukem a woman.

#genderisover #girlpower
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

U mean 3D realms Bombshell? :lol:
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

wiivn wrote:U mean 3D realms Bombshell? :lol:
No! A mere female counterpart simply WILL NOT DO!
Duke Nukem must come out as a gender-fluid pansexual LGBTXYZC++ transwomyn to prove himself as a REAL HERO!!!
joe-ilya
Vortininja

Post by joe-ilya »

Will she have her own mega-rocket-with-beans or shall it be named "crooked-spaceship-o'-fun"�
Me and omer made a rainbow dash HUD for doom, for our mistake most of the doomers are anti-bronies. Image
Zilem
Vortininja

Post by Zilem »

joe-ilya wrote:
But she should be distinguishable from billy on first site, you wouldn't give your twins the same clothing, will you? I dunno, right now this looks like some teenage girl doing a cosplay of "erotic commander keen" but if that's what you want; keep it. :foot
Isn't it their own choice?
and who says that they are Twins?, but if that your fantasy, go with it Xp

The Keen games have a limit of 16 prefixed colors

If Billy, originally had a Green, Blue or white shirt i would still have gone with Purple.
Mortimer's shirt is Red, although it would likely have worked with Black and dark gray.

I planed using red for Keen dreams, however could not get custom textures to work with it...
cyber zero wrote:An alternative universe where Billy is a girl? This is so cool. It gives me even more reasons to keep playing Keen 4. :D I'm looking foward for the other two games. I love the animation for Kylie, especially the hair. :) Keep up the good work.
Thanks ^^
the hair ware likely the thing that took the longest to work on.

I think i will include the skirt i have been working on, in episode 6
Paramultart wrote:I can't wait for them to make Duke Nukem a woman.

#genderisover #girlpower
If i can, i may. but it won't be for some time, i already have too many open projects

#genderchoise
joe-ilya wrote:Will she have her own mega-rocket-with-beans
what if it ware the same BwB?

I may give it a make-over, when i have the time for it.
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

Zilem wrote:

#genderisover #girlpower
If i can, i may. but it won't be for some time, i already have too many open projects

#genderchoise
Out of curiosity, may I ask which Duke game would you mod?
And would the female Duke be as sexually liberated and non-repressed as her male counterpart?
Duke Nukem freely expresses his sexuality throughout the game, so Duchess Nukem should as well.

Instead of taking steroids, she could take estrogen supplements for cycle regulation.

For anyone that thinks I'm joking, let me assure you that I really, REALLY want to play this game.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Paramultart wrote:
Zilem wrote:

#genderisover #girlpower

#genderchoise
And would the female Duke be as sexually liberated and non-repressed as her male counterpart?
Duke Nukem freely expresses his sexuality throughout the game, so Duchess Nukem should as well.

Instead of taking steroids, she could take estrogen supplements for cycle regulation.

For anyone that thinks I'm joking, let me assure you that I really, REALLY want to play this game.
Do you mean pre-duke 3d? I mean, you can't, because all he ever talked about was oprah back then.
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
lemm
Blorb

Post by lemm »

Paramultart wrote:
Zilem wrote:

#genderisover #girlpower

#genderchoise

I think that you should play as a tall, busty blonde who goes around rescuing 120 lb., skinny-jean-clad hipster guys.

I'd rather not see the alternative in which you play as a 200-lb butch chick who rescues Chippendales in speedos.

Also, why not call it Commander Caitlyn (smirk)
BlueGasMask
Vorticon Elite

Post by BlueGasMask »

lemm wrote:120 lb., skinny-jean-clad hipster guys
free them
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

It's Jill of the Jungle! :dead2
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Zilem
Vortininja

Post by Zilem »

Paramultart wrote:Out of curiosity, may I ask which Duke game would you mod?

If i would do a Duke Game, it would be sprites for Duke Nukem I and/or II
but not yet, as i am already Juggling Keen 1-6, Bio Menace, necroDancer & Terraria 1.3

It also Sounds like your exclusively talking about Duke Nukem 3D or newer
the only drug i can think of from the first 2 games, is the the Atom health...