Pegman war game

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
SupFanat
Vortininja

Pegman war game

Post by SupFanat »

I don't know any way to express my point of view that historical photos should be preserved. So my idea would be a computer game where Pegman has to find his friends and kill his enemies. For example, a robot who carries flags of United States or Russia should be collected and a robot who carries flags of European Union or Austria is deadly enemy and should be killed to win the game.

How difficult is this idea? Could this be implemented by some other user who prefers preservation or I am on my own?
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Who is pegman?
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
SupFanat
Vortininja

Post by SupFanat »

Pegman is Google Street View man.
Since I don't agree with the thought that once the censored version (with lots of things incorrectly identified as faces and vehicle registration plates) is made the historical accurate version must die I think that a game should show war between Pegman and his haters. For example, flags of United States, Russia and Ukraine may be useful collectives and robots carrying flags of European Union and Austria are deadly to touch and must be killed.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Sounds cool.
SupFanat
Vortininja

Post by SupFanat »

The only reason why we have some historical documents from the past is the fact that there used to be some non-private things which may be kept indefinitely.

Now the historical preservation is something which is no longer supported in Europe in replace with rendering entire public space private. Since I think that such policy is very bad - I disagree with such way of thinking as "after my car comes the flood", I need any expression of protest. And since the words and screenshots of ugly damaged spots aren't convincing enough, the game where Pegman has to defeat his enemies in order to get the right to have flawless memory would be the best way to tell others what I mean.

The problem is however that I have no programming skills. So unless some other fan takes my idea seriously there's no chance. Sorry.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Wait, you came on here to make a thread to say "I have this idea for a game completely unrelated to keen and it's not a keen mod and I have no programming skills, so will someone make it for me?"
SupFanat
Vortininja

Post by SupFanat »

Who knows, maybe someone wants idea for a Keen mod.
This "Pegman war game" might be done as Commander Keen mod as well.
Would anyone want to implement it? I think no one wants it but who knows... maybe I'm not the only user who understands that the attempt to censor vehicle registration plates will result in random damaged rectangular spots everywhere.
chrissifniotis
Vorticon Elite

Post by chrissifniotis »

VikingBoyBilly wrote:Wait, you came on here to make a thread to say "I have this idea for a game completely unrelated to keen and it's not a keen mod and I have no programming skills, so will someone make it for me?"
It's not that different to my moo-ing about making a Minecraft Keen mod, procrastinating and then asking for help and explaining my noobery.

:stoopid
SupFanat
Vortininja

Post by SupFanat »

Could such game be easily made by some game constructor?
Since I can't do it at the moment, all that I can do is giving my idea for free for the case that someone is interested in it.

Allegedly the European laws are so that the ideology "after my car comes the flood" is established. I don't find such policy good. If after my car a flood should come, maybe I should even avoid having a car as much as possible.