Looking at my country's politics...

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Looking at my country's politics...

Post by Levellass »

Something struck me today, just how... unique my country's current politics is.

Currently we are under the national government, by and large we're a two-party system with National on the right and Labor on the left, though smaller parties have a significant impact on policy since coalitions are often required to pass legislation.

The current government is irreligious, religion not playing a large part in our politics as a rule. (There have been some attempts at a christian party, however their leaders tend to do odd or illegal things. It does appear to support big business but hasn't done too much in the areas of things like tax breaks.

The big issue now is changing our flag. This is a personal vendetta of our Prime Minister who again, is on the conservative side of things. The liberal opposition opposes this on grounds of 'It costs too much to change and nobody wants to change it anyway', usually tactics employed by the right.

The current government has been experimenting with expanding medical marijuana.

The leftist opposition has attempted to keep track of how many immigrants buy houses. They have recently announced they will cap immigration to our country. ( http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/artic ... d=11606664 ) Some caps exist however.... passed by the previous left-wing government.

I have a sneaking suspicion that I may inhabit some sort of mirror world and that the PCKF is just a digital link to the regular world beyond.

That is all, go about your business. Have some strawberry icecream, it cures all ills.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

out now (link) : Image
ScarletFlame
Vortininja

Post by ScarletFlame »

NO, STOP!

Every political conversation on PCKF has so far ended in infinite chaos. This thread will more than likely start a flaming political debate, and you will be to blame.

Of course, anybody can talk about whatever they want here, but this will be the beginning of a trainwreck (unless I'm completely wrong and this thread turns out to be harmless and has no deep discussion on politics, or I actually jinxed it with this post).
RESTING SPACE
EXPLORER FACE
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Post by Flaose »

I think you guys have mixed up your left hand and right hand, 'lass.
Cerebral Cortex 314 - For All of your Commander Keen Needs.
Eat at Joe's
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Re: Looking at my country's politics...

Post by Nospike »

Having no desire to start political drama, I shall instead solely address your strawberry icecream comment:
Levellass wrote:Have some strawberry icecream, it cures all ills.
Strawberries? Yuck.
I prefer vanilla with nuts and dark chocolate flakes :p
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Re: Looking at my country's politics...

Post by troublesomekeen »

Nospike wrote:I prefer vanilla with nuts and dark chocolate flakes :p
Noooooo don't eat the dark chocolate! The demand for it far exceeds the supply! If we keep eating dark chocolate, it will become a prescribed food that you can only get at a pharmacy!
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

This explains why there are no strawberry flavored items in Keen. It is a secretly loathed flavor.
chrissifniotis
Vorticon Elite

Post by chrissifniotis »

Levellass wrote:This explains why there are no strawberry flavored items in Keen. It is a secretly loathed flavor.
Gimme caramel ice cream any day! Or vanilla with caramel sauce.
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

I think you'll find statistically there is no difference between strawberry, vanilla and chocolate. Flavour disparity is fictional and modern icecreamism is a lie.

Also I heard your opposition was planning to build a giant wafer between the two islands to keep the wildlings out.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Indeed. They're all swimming over from Australia. You know how hard it is to keep the channel secure. Any yobbo with a boat can paddle their way over during lunchtime.
candyjack
Vortininja

Post by candyjack »

Do you guys really think threads like these tend to start drama? My past experience on this website is that it's quite alright. Also what are your opinions on the Israel-Palestine conflict??
Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x].
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

Levellass wrote:This explains why there are no strawberry flavored items in Keen. It is a secretly loathed flavor.
Ohhh! *takes down notes*

I'm a Choco-icecream supremacist, I likes my cocoa goodness. 8)
mortimermcmirestinks wrote: Now I wish MoffD wasn't allergic to me.
Levellass wrote:You're an evil man.
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

candyjack wrote:what are your opinions on the Israel-Palestine conflict??
Hey now. Let's keep on topic.

Speaking of strawberry, chocolate, vanilla and the like, I wish Neapolitan Ice Cream wasn't soooooooo much more expensive than buying all three flavors separately. Yet at the same time, buying three containers of ice cream is always more expensive than buying one.
Then there's ice cream sandwiches. My goodness.
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

I like strawberry icecreams if they're natural without artificial ingredients. Too bad they're so rare. So I gotta go with vanilla. Unlike Austraillia, here's still winter, so it's too early to think about that.

But the most important question of all time is why are the strawberries called strawberries, if they're not even berries?
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

My guess is that the people who named it loved berries a bit too much and were really "grasping at straws" so they could name it somethingsomethingberry.

Damn that one was bad.