Commander Keen: the comic strip

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
Mort
Vortininja

Commander Keen: the comic strip

Post by Mort »

This is a continuation for the old PCKF. But just to be thorough...

Recap of Episode 1:
000 - 001 - 002 - 003 - 004 - 005 - 006 - 007 - 008 - 009 - 010 - 011 - 012 - 013 - 014 - 015 - 016

Practice Comics:
- BwB Fuel Source
- Foobs
- "Keen Must Die!"
- Mortimer McMire
- Mind-Control Belt

Sketches:
- Commander Keen
- Mortimer McMire
- Mortimer in Suit
- Poison Slug
- Vorticon Mother
- Dopefish

Websites:
CK: Comic Strip Blog
My Deviant Art

More to come... :mort
SynDuo
Grunt

Post by SynDuo »

Lovely collection, really nice work , I admire your lineart.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Yep, there's not much else to say, these are professional. Heh, I especially like the practice one with Mortimer McMire at school, hope we'll see him later again. I hadn't seen the Mind-Control Belt practice one before. :lol Keep it up! :drool
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Djaser
Holy Monk Yorp

Post by Djaser »

It's funny tp see that Mortimer for once isn't depicted as Billy's evil twin but as big mean bully.
Aaaah, not the bees!
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Indeed, yet (presumably?) still just as smart, although not looking like that at all. But I guess we just have to believe he indeed is smart, being able to create interstellar space shifts and slave whole planets and so on. :dopekeen This bully reminds a lot of the one in Calvin and Hobbes, but I doubt that comes as a surprise to Mort the comic creator.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Mort
Vortininja

strip #017

Post by Mort »

Click to see large version...

THE END.

Good night everybody!

heh heh.. Just kidding...

The art here... :barf ... I was trying all kinds of new stuff with this one, but I'm not sure if any of it worked for the better... I'm still learning anyway.

I'm also trying something new with the whole "link via thumbnail version" instead of posting the huge image directly. Let me know if you prefer this way or the old way better.

Anyhoo... more to come.
Indeed, yet (presumably?) still just as smart, although not looking like that at all. But I guess we just have to believe he indeed is smart, being able to create interstellar space shifts and slave whole planets and so on. This bully reminds a lot of the one in Calvin and Hobbes, but I doubt that comes as a surprise to Mort the comic creator.
Yeah, Mortimer is more than just a bully... He's a genius bully. God how I wish I could show more of him in these strips because I have big plans for his character... but he hardly even shows up in the game early on at all. Maybe I can massage the storyline a bit to work him in... hmmmm...
Mink
Vortininja'd

Post by Mink »

These are really excellent! I can't wait for more!
DSL
Miragia made me disappear

Post by DSL »

:dead2 ?

:crazy
Swamper
Grunt

Post by Swamper »

That's some groovy comicking there.
DISCLAIMER: I don't actually hate anyone, but I like to offend people. It's compassion disguised as misanthropy.
-Conservative/Libertarian/Nationalist and proud of it!-
KeenEmpire
Intellectuality

Post by KeenEmpire »

love those practice comics!
"In order to ensure our security, and continuing stability, the Kingdom has been reorganized into the First Vorticon Intellectuality!" Image
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

The new strip is great, let's see how Keen can handle that. :dopekeen

Hmmm, do you necessarily have to follow the game story line? Or could you have something separate strips that don't follow the current story line? I'd really like to see more of him. Oh well.
Shadow Master
Lord of the Shikadi

Post by Shadow Master »

D:

Snif... :.( Vorticon bastard...

BTW, I for one think it wouldn't hurt to deviate from the game storyline a bit or a lot.
Djaser
Holy Monk Yorp

Post by Djaser »

Are you planning to follow the story line from all Keen games up till 6? Tht woudl be quite a project.
Aaaah, not the bees!
Galaxieretter
Arachnut

Post by Galaxieretter »

Djaser wrote:It's funny tp see that Mortimer for once isn't depicted as Billy's evil twin but as big mean bully.
YEAH! For real, how come people think that? I guess the helmet. They are similar but come on, in Keen 3 Mort wears suspenders. (It looks like. And presumably black pants.) Commander Keen wears a T-shirt and jeans. (And they are NOT BROTHERS!)

Actually... I drew a picture once that looks... VERY similar to the "Mortimer holding a Martini" picture. I DO like how you show Mort though. I never imagined him being... strong-er but I guess he would have to be to whip his lackies into shape.

I LOVE this new comic though. It's just amazing, especially the first pannel. Although I think the vorticon's head looks... interesting to say the least. It's like he has no jaw, or chin. It just goes into his neck.
"Check out the red marker... it smells like cherries."
Djaser
Holy Monk Yorp

Post by Djaser »

Galaxieretter wrote:
Djaser wrote:It's funny tp see that Mortimer for once isn't depicted as Billy's evil twin but as big mean bully.
YEAH! For real, how come people think that?
I think that Xky's first mod had a lot to do with that. It was the first time that I saw the depicted like that.
Aaaah, not the bees!