Suburb Shenanigans

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Re: Suburb Shenanigans

Post by Nospike »

My guess is you might need to flip a switch somewhere, which will allow the platforms to move further.
Nisaba
Vorticon Elite

Post by Nisaba »

yeah, search the area. there is a switch hidden there somewhere...
:p
Foray in the Forest progress:
92% Programming || 95% GFX || 92% Levels || 98% Creatures || 90% Story || 94% Music || 95% SFX || 96% Extras

Other projects:
- Play Commander Keen on a GameBoy
- The Lynx Nyx
Nowhere Girl
Vortininja

Post by Nowhere Girl »

And do you have any advice about... glitches?
I'm at the Golden House level and first I didn't notice the opening above the kitchen table, so I left the house, went through the garden to the next one... only to discover that I can't open the supposed exit. So I backtracked and now the game always becomes unresponsive. I jump into the opening, usually some scraping sound is heard... and then Billy freezes in mid movement, usually near the chute to exit the attic. However, it also happened in the pantry and the hall. Basically, earlier it was no problem - I don't know if my backtracking had anything to do with it, but earlier I didn't have this problem - and now I can't complete this level because of glitches.
Nisaba
Vorticon Elite

Post by Nisaba »

there is a whole discussion about issues like that in this very thread. So, yeah, these are known issues.

You can however download a more polished / updated version of this mod which addresses most known bugs and glitches. Note however that this comes as an unofficial version put together by another community member called K1n9_Duk3. To download this overhauled version make sure to visit this post over here:
viewtopic.php?p=95385#p95385
Foray in the Forest progress:
92% Programming || 95% GFX || 92% Levels || 98% Creatures || 90% Story || 94% Music || 95% SFX || 96% Extras

Other projects:
- Play Commander Keen on a GameBoy
- The Lynx Nyx