Bio Menace Mod?

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
JBen077
Grunt

Bio Menace Mod?

Post by JBen077 »

Hey all! I’m new here, but used to search through these forums often for Keen Mods years ago.

Recently on my computer I found an old Bio Menace mod that someone made here that I completely forgotten about, titled “Mangle Is Back From the Dead.” I actually played through it and had a lot of fun. Bio Menace might have been up there with Keen as my favorite game growing up.

I’ve been doing research for other BM mods and for this mod itself, but haven’t found much. I’ve found a few that mix BM map elements like the mod “Crisis Dream” But no others that are direct mods of the game.

Would anyone know who made this mod, and are there more out there that I’m not aware of? And also if anyone has considered making more Bio Menace mods as well?
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Re: Bio Menace Mod?

Post by Keening_Product »

Welcome! It was nice to approve a new member's topic for once instead of marking it as spam haha

Was there anything which looked like a creator's name anywhere in the menu/title/help/about section? I assume you've checked, but it seems odd for a mod to be made without a creator credit.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
JBen077
Grunt

Post by JBen077 »

Keening_Product wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:25 Welcome! It was nice to approve a new member's topic for once instead of marking it as spam haha

Was there anything which looked like a creator's name anywhere in the menu/title/help/about section? I assume you've checked, but it seems odd for a mod to be made without a creator credit.
I think I found it. Think the username was Ny00123? Something like that.
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

Ah, NY is a member here! Check out their website's download page - there are a few Bio Menace entries :) http://ny.duke4.net/files.html

If you need to get in touch beyond this thread, you can PM them via their account here, and I think they're also on Twitter as @NY00123.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
JBen077
Grunt

Post by JBen077 »

Awesome! Thanks for the info!
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

JBen077 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:07 [...] are there more [Bio Menace mods] out there that I’m not aware of?
well, let's not forget about Keen Crisis Earth made by Paramultart and Ceilick:

and I do know that Zilem is (was?) currently working on a Bio Menace mod. but I'm not allowed to revel anything at all...
out now (link) : Image
JBen077
Grunt

Post by JBen077 »

Nisaba wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 11:35
JBen077 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:07 [...] are there more [Bio Menace mods] out there that I’m not aware of?
well, let's not forget about Keen Crisis Earth made by Paramultart and Ceilick:

and I do know that Zilem is (was?) currently working on a Bio Menace mod. but I'm not allowed to revel anything at all...
Awesome. Keep me informed on this,if that’s the case!
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

just pinging Zilem:
Zilem wrote:
out now (link) : Image
Zilem
Vortininja

Post by Zilem »

Nisaba wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 11:35 I do know that Zilem is (was?) currently working on a Bio Menace mod. but I'm not allowed to revel anything at all...
Never said you could not say nothing at all, but Yes i do prefer visuals to be limited before i think they are ready to be shown
or shown indirectly, by hiding it somewhere, sometimes things get hidden too well ;p
JBen077 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:58 Awesome. Keep me informed on this,if that’s the case!
Basically the idea was converting Bio Menace into isometric perspective as Keen Galaxy, instead of a flat 2D
Alot of work went into creating the tiles fra flat 2D, before issues with Doors, broken windows and switches
and inexperience with the Level editor (anything switches interact with) as i Generally work on sprites.

But, Generally the idea was this:
The Difference Between a Mod and Fan art?, a Fan art is a Concept and a Mod is that Concept put into life.