Commander Keen Mobile Reboot

Here, you can get help with anything or just chat about the original Commander Keen games.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Re: Commander Keen Mobile Reboot

Post by Roobar » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:16

Benvolio wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:04
Nah man... clearly the release date has been set for Christmas 2092. All we have to do is wait until then! We won't believe our eyes!
:lol that was a good one!

Snortimer
Vortininja

Re: Commander Keen Mobile Reboot

Post by Snortimer » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:37

Um...
I mean...
I guess?

I'll just think of this as a spin-off that takes place in an alternate universe. The trailer reminds me of Fairly Odd Parents. Nice animation.

It's clear that they weren't going for faithfulness to the original here, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's bad as a standalone thing. I can't really tell whether the gameplay is any fun or not. I haven't had much luck with action games on smartphones in general - I think only turn-based games really work on that platform, at least for me...

I'm often confused about why a copyrighted IP gets bought and adapted when the result is so different that it may as well be something original. I'm convinced that the only reason it happens is the automatic free promotion that results from media that uses that "hook" to write a story about it.

As for this new "adult Keen" timeline they've created, I kind of prefer the one in Ruin of Roib. Although I realize that it's not exactly mass market. ;)
Member since at least 1998 with... ah... some long absences. I was even a moderator at one point. I'll probably keep coming back here and there as long as this place still exists.