Last movie you saw

Discuss your favorite movies, books, and music here or just lounge around and see what other people think is classy.
Soul Monster
Vortininja

Re: Last movie you saw

Post by Soul Monster »

Over the weekend I attended a theatrical screening of Santa Claus Conquers The Martians, hosted by our local horror host. I also have it on one of those DVDs you can find at the dollar store in the bargain bin. I love this movie, in all its cheesy, low budget glory. Yeah it's cheap and ridiculous, but there's just so many moments in this movie that make me laugh as uncontrollably as this movie's portrayal of Santa Claus. It's so much fun to watch this movie with a group of friends, and seeing it on the big screen was a real treat. Another thing is that, while cheesy as Hell, it has that classic Christmas feeling to it, and you can tell the people making it took their work seriously. And hey, it's 1000 times more watchable than any bad movies being made today.

There's also a website my friend showed me called badmovies.org that has a great sense of humor to its reviews, and I get a real kick out of their review of this movie: https://badmovies.org/movies/santamars/
"Remember to be happy, and keep smiling, and have hope, and know that there's sunshine everywhere. Just look around, and you'll find it."
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

The Evil Dead remake
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Post by entropicdecay »

Wish (the Disney thing).
Soul Monster
Vortininja

Post by Soul Monster »

Last week I met up with some friends down the road from me and we went to go see Godzilla: Minus One. This is easily the best Godzilla movie we've had in the last decade, and it's great to see it stomping out the competition at the box office. The characters, the music, the effects, the story, it's all very good, and it was a real treat to see a Godzilla film from Toho Studios again.

Before we went there, we went out for pizza and hit up a mall next to the theater. We took a walk around, admiring the Christmas decorations, hitting up stores, people watching, and I got me some Mrs. Fields cookies. It's been nice seeing those guys more lately, and it's a great time to be a Godzilla fan.
entropicdecay wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 17:30 Wish (the Disney thing).
I've heard a lot of bad things about Wish. What are your thoughts?
"Remember to be happy, and keep smiling, and have hope, and know that there's sunshine everywhere. Just look around, and you'll find it."
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Post by entropicdecay »

Soul Monster wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 19:22
entropicdecay wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 17:30 Wish (the Disney thing).
I've heard a lot of bad things about Wish. What are your thoughts?
I actually enjoyed it overall, particularly the songs. But yeah it looks like it hasn't been too well received.
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

Leave the World Behind
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Post by Benvolio »

This weekend I watched (at long last) two 1960s classics, "Dr Strangelove" and "The Graduate". Highly satisfactory weekend of viewing.
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

Peter Sellers at his best!
out now (link) : Image
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

You're Next!
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

Well... since I used every spare minute to finish the game while writing on a PhD thesis, it's been a very long time since I've even seen a movie. But I'm looking forward to enjoying Jacques Tati's Playtime again.
out now (link) : Image
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Post by Benvolio »

Fantastic... my parents used to show us Monsieur Hulot films quite a lot when I was a child!
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

Evil Dead Rise
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
Mobiethian
Vortininja

Post by Mobiethian »

In one night:

Dawn of the Dead (1978) and it was filmed in a shopping mall close to where I live then Maximum Overdrive (1986).
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Post by Benvolio »

On the topic of 70s horror film sets, I often work in the hospital where parts of The Omen were filmed. I trust you all located a reference to said film in one of my mods...
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

Benvolio wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 0:47 On the topic of 70s horror film sets, I often work in the hospital where parts of The Omen were filmed. I trust you all located a reference to said film in one of my mods...
One of my all time favorite kills is in that movie. When the guy gets decapitated by a fly plane of glass.
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees