Buy an official Commander Keen shirt!

Here, you can get help with anything or just chat about the original Commander Keen games.
RoboBlue
It's that one guy.

Buy an official Commander Keen shirt!

Post by RoboBlue »

Bethesda's selling Commander Keen shirts: https://gear.bethesda.net/collections/commander-keen

I bought two because it's nice to be able to buy official Keen merch for once, even though the game they're promoting is almost definitely cancelled.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Re: Buy an official Commander Keen shirt!

Post by Roobar »

I'm a bit conflicted here. As you said, it's nice that there's an official Keen merch for once, even if it's from a game that's not released yet. But then again, we're talking about a mobile game and a merch that's being sell by the guys from bethesda - a company that I'm not so fond of anymore (for making a plenty of stupid decisions in the last few years).

The game should have been released already, but they may have "buried it in oblivion" as we haven't heard of it since then. I don't know if this is something good or bad. Or maybe it's a keen curse even, that's set by Keen 3 ("Keen must die!" and Doom 2 (hanging Keen) ever since. Also, this brings a question: if they've canceled the game, why are they selling Keen merch? I don't believe they've spend so much money developing it, only to cancel it, but oh well, we will see...
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Post by Benvolio »

Doesnt look like the world's most fun Tshirt. Just as unofficial keen games have been better than official ones for the last 20 years, likewise I would imagine most of us could make a better iron-on Keen T shirt than this one any day.
AlphaLurker
Grunt

Post by AlphaLurker »

As a mobile Keen Apologist , I think this shirt is pretty lack-luster.
show me some of the neat artwork!
what would have been cool would have been: the logo, the Bean-with-bacon, Keen and a Vorticon.

BUT here's the twist, they have a version with new art and a version with classic art!
I'd buy 1 of each!
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Classic art? Can you post a link to it?
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Post by Benvolio »

I think he means he is imagining what it would be like if they had both.

I presume there weren't actually Keen Merch products back in 1990-1992 era?
K1n9_Duk3
Vorticon Elite

Post by K1n9_Duk3 »

None that I'm aware of, if you don't count that Keen watch that was bundled with some version of Keen. But I know that Apogee did sell "Wolfenstein 3-D" shirts back in the day, so there's a slight chance that some other Keen merch products existed back then.
Hail to the K1n9, baby!
http://k1n9duk3.shikadi.net
8bit-herpetology
Grunt

Post by 8bit-herpetology »

Around ten years ago I saw a guy wearing a purple sweatshirt with "Commander Keen - Goodbye Galaxy" printed on the front. It looked old and faded. Don't know if it was an officially licensed item, or some homemade thing.
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

maybe @TSK knows something...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeGaML2XED0
out now (link) : Image
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

Nisaba wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:40maybe @TSK knows something...
The store I bought a few T-shirts from is long defunct. I think Ceilick got a Robo Red from that store, too.
Also got a Pogo Keen and a Dopefish shirt but I never wear them because they're too precious. :p
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!