Commander Keen Remastered (New Game)

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
Nisaba
Janitress

Re: Commander Keen Remastered (New Game)

Post by Nisaba »

well, that was predictable, wasn't it?

...it so happened that I might know someone who might knows somebody who had the foresight to downloaded that video in question and stored it somewhere save...
out now (link) : Image
Tormentor667
Vortininja

Post by Tormentor667 »

This is so idiotic ... the game is 30 years old... I mean, honestly, how much money can be lost by the company if they allow a fan-Remake?!
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

Tormentor667 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 22:00 This is so idiotic ... the game is 30 years old... I mean, honestly, how much money can be lost by the company if they allow a fan-Remake?!
lemme answer your rhetorical question:
they wanna suppress negative publicity, that's all. Honi soit qui mal y pense. *cough*censorship*cough*
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Post by Benvolio »

Let's face it... Bethesda/Zenimax's Keen game is going nowhere and they know it.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

They can't censor it all. Everywhere, where there's something about the mobile Commander Keen reboot, there are some negative reactions.

I'm more worried about zenimax focusing on copyright striking videos (what they do best, it seems) rather than making quality games. While technically they are in their right to do whatever they did, I didn't thought they would have get as low as banning a mere 100 views video that was not making any money or wasn't taking away anything from their precious mobile franchise. But apparently, they do. I would have have understand, if the video have had more than 100 000 views with ads revenue, or if it was selling a game. But banning it for 100 views was, yet again, another pathetic move by them. That means that they might be watching other videos and our forum as well. Could the unusual bot activity lately be actually their bots searching for Commander Keen content that they will consider banning? Because that bot activity had raised not long after their mobile game announcement. Really fishy... In the mean time, we should watch out for other videos getting special zenimax treatment...
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Post by entropicdecay »

Roobar wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 22:56Could the unusual bot activity lately be actually their bots searching for Commander Keen content that they will consider banning? Because that bot activity had raised not long after their mobile game announcement. Really fishy...
I mean, maybe, but I'd assume it's just spambots.
K1n9_Duk3
Vorticon Elite

Post by K1n9_Duk3 »

Roobar wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 22:56I didn't thought they would have get as low as banning a mere 100 views video that was not making any money or wasn't taking away anything from their precious mobile franchise.
My guess is they want to avoid people being mislead. One one hand you've got a game that uses professional art assets and is shown off in videos as a game that looks like something Keen fans might actually want to play. On the other hand you've got Bethesda's game. They clearly don't want anybody to expect *that* kind of gameplay from their Keen game. I guess this says everything that needs to be said about Keen mobile.
Hail to the K1n9, baby!
http://k1n9duk3.shikadi.net
Dynamo
Vorticon Elite

Post by Dynamo »

So what will happen now? Is the project dead for good or does it simply have to be renamed and rebranded?
c64cosmin
Vortininja

Post by c64cosmin »

I noticed the only available photo from shikadi.net, I reckon that, (hurts to say this) they are entitled to ban the video, it's legal issue mumbo jumbo. What I mean is that if the game was a mod for the mobile release, as far as it's not hacking anything, it would be legal, on the other hand we use the original assets but we don't turn profit, contrary, afaik that would be illegal. So while I'm not on the same boat with the new release (more because of the gameplay that I saw in the videos) I sort of do agree with the ban, maybe they thought it will turn profit from their assets. This is just a silly misunderstanding. I hate it :garg
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

what a fuss...
thanks for sharing insights and sorry to hear that!
ScarletFlame
Vortininja

Post by ScarletFlame »

ScarletFlame wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 17:28
proYorp wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:06 Now that Zenimax or Bethesda or whoever owns the IP is taking advantage of it, are they going to be cracking down on mods and fan games if they find them?
I highly doubt it. Commander Keen doesn't create a large profit. It's why the games on Steam are worth pennies, and why Bethesda made a cost-effective mobile game rather than a big budget 3D platformer. Doom on the other hand, is a million dollar franchise, which is why Zenimax cracked down DoomRL, because of the possibility of lost profit. As long as Commander Keen remains the obscure PC title it is, Zenimax won't crack down on the Keen fangames.... at least not yet anyway.
Sorry guys I jinxed it
Last edited by ScarletFlame on Fri Jan 10, 2020 16:11, edited 1 time in total.
RESTING SPACE
EXPLORER FACE
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

You did what?!? :confused
Kajuby
Grunt

Post by Kajuby »

Hi currently I am finishing up Episode 3, when done you all will get a Beta Download link.
Also I will upload a new Video to Youtube at the same time, with all critical ban-able content removed.

Give me 2-3 Weeks and you all can play the first Beta
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

maybe you wanna share a link here first, before posting anything critical on youtube
Kajuby
Grunt

Post by Kajuby »

its here:

Commander Keen Remastered v.0.0.6b (Public Beta)
Episode 1-3 playable

Download Commander Keen Remastered

Report any Bugs you find to:

KajubyGames@gmail.com

or here in this post.

ToDo in Episode 1-3:
- Some Soundeffects for div. actions.