Commander Genius (CKP) V0.2.9.9

All discussion about the Commander Genius project (a Keen interpreter + more).
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Commander Genius (CKP) V0.2.9.9

Post by gerstrong »

Commander Genius Download

If the download links don't work, try it again later! Sometimes sourceforge.net needs more time to get the files onto their servers.

If you find more bugs, and you have suggestions, go to one of the two new trackers that you can see in the download page.

http://clonekeenplus.sourceforge.net/

have a lot of fun!
Last edited by gerstrong on Fri Jul 10, 2009 15:39, edited 12 times in total.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

The download link works, but the version is still 274.
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

fixed!
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Hmm. I'm unable to run it now. Just displays don't send error message.
Btw your project is actually very popular in the sidescrollers section.
And btw, with version 274 how am I supposed to save a game? I remember I was trying but wasn't able to save/load.
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

Look, 0.2.8 is a testing version and all versions are beta.

0.2.8 has still a lot of problems. So that's the reason, I'm calling it testing in the package. PLease use 0.2.7.4 if you have problem with that version.

About save/load I didn't know that there was a problem. I'm going to check and fix it.

I'm already fixing a lot of bugs.

Version 0.3 is coming out soon and it will be a special version because that one must be stable. So please continue reporting bugs.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

I know it's a testing version... I guess I'll wait for 0.3 then.
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

Okay, I've released an update!

It version 0.2.8.0a. There aren't any changes, except of some bugs that have been fixed. Thanks a lot to DaVince. I didn't forget your suggestions and I'll implement those very soon!
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

Update!!!

Sorry for the crash under Windows. Here comes a better version. Hope I can satisfy everybody. Special Thanks to Tulip for reporting that!
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Gosh that's a big file!
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

That may be, but the last version is a bit smaller than the previous ones.

Since Mingw32 released an update I'm using now, the compiled exe got very huge. It works however without problems, but I also don't understand why.

If you check out the linux versions, they are a lot smaller. I suspect that it has to do with the linked ogg library. However I still have to check that closer.

UPDATE: Commander Genius v 0.2.9 has been released this time with OpenGL! Try it out, while it's hot!

I often test the Windows version on my machine, as I also did it with that one, but Murphy is always against me ;-). So if there are any problems running it, or that it crashes somewhere, let me know. I'll fix it as soon as possible. As some of you know here, I do that very fast.

Try it out! This one is really cool!!! You are going to like it!
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

’re you really sure you test your 32 bit versions for xp? Because I'm not able to even run your latest builds.
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

Downloading... :P

Trying... :P

Waiting... :P

It's kind of slow...

I can't enter levels...

My machine?

:o
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

Another Report of speed issue...

One thing must be clear! You must have the correct drivers of your gfx card installed in order to run OpenGL at full speed. Otherwise, OpenGL will use software emulation and that's damn slow!

Fleexy is not the first guy reporting me that problem and that makes me worry a bit.

@Fleexy: Could you send me "genius.cfg" and "CGLog.html" so I can check your case? Did you try changing stuff in the Video options?

@iv4n: I'm really sure that I've tested it! Maybe your genius.cfg is a bit messed up since the update. I'm sorry for that, but in its case I would delete that file and try it again. If you still can't run it, I would be happy to get your "genius.cfg" and "CGLog.html", too.

Mail me them to: gerstrong@gmail.com and I'll fix the problems.

Don't worry about the speed issue. I'm going to implement auto-frameskip for slower machines and gfx-preloading, what will accelerate everything a lot!

I have opened a Bug-Tracker at Sourceforge.net, so you can report me more of those pesty bugs or give me some advices. (No registration required!)
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

My parents don't want me to share my e-mail address with people I don't really know, but I uploaded it:

:disguised

Can you fix it? :begging

Also, I can't enter levels. When I pop up the status bar or use cheats, the window sticks and the game freezes. >:
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

I think I have the problem! However it will be more difficult to solve.

NPOT Textures are only supported when your gfx-card supports OpenGL 2.0. There are many cards outside, which aren't able to do that. So they switch to software emulation.

I'm looking for a solution...

@Fleexy: Did you really use OpenGL? In the "Genius.cfg" it is disabled