Hello from 1994! (still waiting for TUIT... fingers crossed!)

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
shikadi
Vorticon Elite

Re: Hello from 1994! (still waiting for TUIT... fingers crossed!)

Post by shikadi »

In 1994 I could barely talk and my parents didn't even own a computer, not hard to beat me that way. First computer in my home was in 1998 or 1999 (with no internet).
nothing usefull here
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Post by Benvolio »

The 3 1/2 inch diskette was a lifesaver. I would visit my grandmother a couple of times a week after school, download whatever the latest Keen thing was on her dial up internet, then take it home with me to my non-internet connected desktop PC and excitedly copy over the files. Actually when I think about it now, this wasn't a fleeting moment in my life - this was my routine for almost 4 full years. Amazing to think of now. You just valued things more back then (I'm talking about c. 2002ish). I even made some Keen1 levels that ended up in my mods, not only at my granny's house but even at friends houses (I was the odd kid who was so unaccustomed to sleeping away from home that I would awaken anxiously for no good reason at 5AM and not sleep again).
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

I remember spending a couple of hours at the local library downloading the first Vista service pack because it was larger than our download cap for the entire month. I was actually excited about it. I was a nerdy 15 year old haha.

Also gained in that library download sesh: ZomgMan Battle Arena 2

Edit: way off topic oops. Yay, 1994! Here's hoping climate change is taken seriously over the next few decades!
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass