Keen 13: The Ultra Omegamatic Version 2 released

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Re: Keen 13: The Ultra Omegamatic Version 2 released

Post by Quillax »

Hisymak wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 20:47 How I am supposed to jump so high on normal difficulty? Is there some trick I am missing? In original levels, I remember there were just a few optional places like that - the great secret in Keen5's first level, and a small optional room with a few score items in some keen6 level.
Have you ever heard of the Impossible Pogo Trick? It's when you hit the pogo key (Alt) while you are on the floor and then hold the jump key (Ctrl) just about right away, blasting you off to a greater height and distance than the usual pogo jump. That's how you gain access to the great secret in the first level of Keen 5 (in Normal and Hard). Not sure which Keen 6 area you're talking about, but last time I played through Keen 6, I got about halfway through the game on Normal and just about every item by that point is obtainable from what I remember.

That's probably how DarkAle reached some of the places you thought were unreachable. I haven't played this mod yet, though, so I don't know if they really are possible.
Quillax Ship - Where you can download all of my cool, keen mods and super-marvelous fangames!
Hisymak
Vortininja

Post by Hisymak »

Quillax wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:24 Have you ever heard of the Impossible Pogo Trick? It's when you hit the pogo key (Alt) while you are on the floor and then hold the jump key (Ctrl) just about right away, blasting you off to a greater height and distance than the usual pogo jump. That's how you gain access to the great secret in the first level of Keen 5 (in Normal and Hard). Not sure which Keen 6 area you're talking about, but last time I played through Keen 6, I got about halfway through the game on Normal and just about every item by that point is obtainable from what I remember.

That's probably how DarkAle reached some of the places you thought were unreachable. I haven't played this mod yet, though, so I don't know if they really are possible.
Indeed I heard about Impossible pogo trick and I'm using it for quite some time, maybe I used it even during my childhood when I did not actually know its name.
However, I never felt like it would allow me to jump higher. What I understood and experienced myself, it can work for "saving time", i.e. instead of activating pogo, bouncing once and then jumping into height, I can jump high just immediately without need to bounce.
So it's actually possible to exceed the max pogo jump height using impossible pogo trick, right? Maybe it needs some experience or trying more times? Exact-precise timing of pressing keys is needed?
But still, I don't think making this mandatory for regular level progression is good idea.
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

Quillax wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:24 Have you ever heard of the Impossible Pogo Trick? It's when you hit the pogo key (Alt) while you are on the floor and then hold the jump key (Ctrl) just about right away, blasting you off to a greater height and distance than the usual pogo jump. That's how you gain access to the great secret in the first level of Keen 5 (in Normal and Hard). Not sure which Keen 6 area you're talking about, but last time I played through Keen 6, I got about halfway through the game on Normal and just about every item by that point is obtainable from what I remember.........
There is an area in The Bloogdome that is only reachable using the Impossible Bullet.
All areas are reachable in this mod.
Hisymak wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 6:15 .........So it's actually possible to exceed the max pogo jump height using impossible pogo trick, right? Maybe it needs some experience or trying more times? Exact-precise timing of pressing keys is needed?
But still, I don't think making this mandatory for regular level progression is good idea.
The Impossible Pogo will be very easy to execute once you get the hang of it. Practice makes perfect.
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees