Fav Simpsons Episode

Discuss your favorite movies, books, and music here or just lounge around and see what other people think is classy.
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Fav Simpsons Episode

Post by Rorie »

this is seasons back but i love the episode king size homer when homer deliberately gains 61 lbs (27.6 kg) just so he doesn't have to work & rip off disability benefits. your favorite?
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

every halloween episode Image

*Urge to kill... rising...*
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

I love a lot of episodes (except the last several seasons), like the episode where Homer finds the alien which turns out to be Mr. Burns or when Bart gets hit by Mr. Burns' car. But I think my favorite episode would definitely have to be the one with the Guatemalan insanity pepper and the space coyote and all that. That episode is brilliance.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Wow, damn, those are two of my big favourites too! :D Especially the space coyote one. I also love the one where Bart gets Skinner fired and later goes visiting his house, and Skinner is conducting an orchestra, which is of course a record playing. Most of the episodes dealing with the past or the future are great, too. I have quite a few episodes I like a lot, being a Simpsons fan (but have to agree they're now not as they used to be) and having watched most of the episodes (the older) several times.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
DSL
Miragia made me disappear

Post by DSL »

StupidBunny wrote:But I think my favorite episode would definitely have to be the one with the Guatemalan insanity pepper and the space coyote and all that. That episode is brilliance.

+1

Also an early third season episode called 'Homer Alone' is one of my favs.
I can't say i have seen them all, far from it. But i'm trying to watch all of them at http://www.wtso.net/ (Watch Simpsons Online.net)
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Wow, it's so hard to pick a favourite, the ones that were named jet belong definetly to the best ones.
I also love "Homer the Heretic"

Generally I'd pick episodes somewhere between season 3 and 8
Image You crack me up little buddy!
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

tulip wrote:"Homer the Heretic"
I'd love to see Homer fighting the serpent riders with magic staffs and power gloves! Where did you ever find that episode? :dopekeen
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

VikingBoyBilly wrote:
tulip wrote:"Homer the Heretic"
I'd love to see Homer fighting the serpent riders with magic staffs and power gloves! Where did you ever find that episode? :dopekeen
That was also my first reaction. :lol It probably means I've been playing Heretic too much lately...

That's the episode where Homer forms his own religion where he doesn't have to go to Church or anything right? And then the house sets fire? I've seen most episodes at least once but I don't know a lot of them by name... :P
Dynamo
Vorticon Elite

Post by Dynamo »

Heh, I don't like The Simpsons.
Galaxieretter
Arachnut

Post by Galaxieretter »

It's better than "American Guy." :rolleyes
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Galaxieretter wrote:It's better than "American Guy." :rolleyes
So family guy and american dad finally tied the knot eh? I don't know about "better" per se, but since family guy episodes depend solely on comedy and randomness, they don't age well and don't have the same long-lasting appeal of the old Simpsons episodes with all its mythology elements.
Genius314
Vorticon Elite

Post by Genius314 »

As StupidBunny and KeenRush said, the newer episodes aren't great. It seems to me that their best stuff was around the mid-90's - the earlier stuff was still developing, so it wasn't as funny; and anything newer started to get uncreative.
I don't have a favorite, though. There's just too many of them...

Family Guy is pretty funny, too, but it's unfair to compare the two. Other than being animated sitcoms, they really have nothing in common.
_mr_m_
Vortimaestro

Post by _mr_m_ »

Either:
"Bart vs. Austrailia",

the one where they go to Itchy and Scratchy Land,

"Marge Simpson in Screaming Yellow Honkers" (The one Homer buys the Canyonero

"Hurricane Neddy"

or "The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson"

Fantastic episodes that truly capture The Simpsons in their prime. I like too many of them. I stopped buying the Simpsons DVD sets once I got season 10. Season 10 marks the beginning of the overall slump of the Simpsons. Season 10 had its moments, but not as many as previous seasons.
"I just drew this stupid little fish." -- Tom Hall
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

I thinks simpsons seasons 16-19 have gotten a bit better again, season 11 might be the worst.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Oh yeah, Hurricane Neddy is gold. :crazy :lol

Agree with tulip that the recent episodes have been an improvement. Some seasons, not 11 in my opinion, though, were the ultimate low. They made Homer too drunk, too aggressive, I didn't like that.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.