Keen 4-6 text program

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Keen 4-6 text program

Post by Levellass »

http://levellord.toxicsheep.com/STAR2.zip

A.k.a Star Text. Just a little (QBASIC) utility to write Keen 4-6 level name and entrance patches, since Ceilick wanted them and I was too lazy to write them (Yes, the program is so simple it was easier to write it than some patches.)

It is a simple text interface that turns what you type into a patch. (It also gives you a line length guide and tells you how much space you have left in your patch.)

If there's any other text-related patches people want added to it, I can, but I suspect the Neural Stunner will implement them next release and this program will become null and void.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Mink
Vortininja'd

Post by Mink »

This is a nice little program. How did you know that I was actually just working on changing the scrolling text? Do you mind if I implement it in The Neural Stunner? (The update should be coming soon, but it's not a huge one.)
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Hooray for neuralstunner updates!

It seems it actually works, Levellass creating something new and it gets incorporated in Mink's great program.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

This is a nice little program. How did you know that I was actually just working on changing the scrolling text? Do you mind if I implement it in The Neural Stunner? (The update should be coming soon, but it's not a huge one.)
Sure, I figured it was just a matter of time anyway. Please note though, when you do the scrolling text, the text will crash if any line is longer than 22 characters, this is a VITAL check to have, believe you me.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.