How to put an help text in Keen 6

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
DarkAle
Vorticon Elite

How to put an help text in Keen 6

Post by DarkAle »

I want to put an help text in my mod. I've already the patch but when I press F1 it gives me an error. I tried to create a 6TXT0001 in my BMP folder but it still didn't work. What I must do?
Commander Keen in... Robot Apocalypse!
Episode 13: The Ultra Omegamatic viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6802
Episode 14: Secret of the Sorcerer viewtopic.php?t=13031
Nisaba
Janitress

Re: How to put an help text in Keen 6

Post by Nisaba »

for modding related questions please use our keenmodding.org forum.
to sort and organise modding related discussions in a separate forum proves to be beneficial for other users with similar Intentions. to have all modding related things at one spot makes it much more efficient, if you are looking for answers and solutions for a specific problem.
out now (link) : Image
DarkAle
Vorticon Elite

Post by DarkAle »

Okay. I got some doubts about this.
I also used this forum because some times I got no replies there
K1n9_Duk3
Vorticon Elite

Post by K1n9_Duk3 »

The keenmodding forum seems to be pretty much dead. I have seen a few relatively recent posts asking for patches or patching help that didn't get a response.

I'm not sure which patch you're referring to (a link would have been helpful) but if it is the same patch that's used in "Mirror Menace", then I'd say don't bother. That patch is crap and using an external help file or "manual" would be a lot less tedious.
Hail to the K1n9, baby!
http://k1n9duk3.shikadi.net
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

Well, in my opinion this is because either there is noone out there with decent answers or there are people like you who suddently started to post modding related stuff over here. I'd like to "reactivate" k:m and stick to the good old structure we have. Again, this makes it easier for future questioner to search the forums first and have modding related things organised at one place. I'm truly convinced that we'll all benefit from this structure. I mean, there is a reason why we split certain topics into the wiki / k:m / pckf.com / IRC / discord / ytube...
out now (link) : Image
DarkAle
Vorticon Elite

Post by DarkAle »

K1n9_Duk3 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 23:42 The keenmodding forum seems to be pretty much dead. I have seen a few relatively recent posts asking for patches or patching help that didn't get a response.

I'm not sure which patch you're referring to (a link would have been helpful) but if it is the same patch that's used in "Mirror Menace", then I'd say don't bother. That patch is crap and using an external help file or "manual" would be a lot less tedious.
I used the same patch that's used in Mirror Menace. Thanks for the hint. I'll use an external help file
XkyRauh
Mortimer's RightHand Man

Post by XkyRauh »

I'm a Deputy Administrator over at Keen:Modding and to be honest, there are an awful lot of spambots posting on the page. Some days I check the board and there are only a dozen spam posts in the queue that need to be denied; other times I've encountered over 300!

I don't know what sort of anti-spam measures we can put into place, but I definitely try to look through the queue to make sure I'm not deleting anybody's earnest posting.