Hi, I'm new and doing some stuff.

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
DarkAle
Vorticon Elite

Re: Hi, I'm new and doing some stuff.

Post by DarkAle »

CHOCOLATE MILK wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:37 Wow, I've been playing Keen 1 mods everyday for a month! I've been through a lot of garg spam :garg , keydoor abuse :stoned and hard levels :mortlol , but the mods seem to be getting better as I go. I'm closing in on the end, I only have about 30 mods left!

I have fished the first 2 of my levels, except for point items, and am working on the 3rd. Here's the story screen:
Good job. It is quite good
Commander Keen in... Robot Apocalypse!
Episode 13: The Ultra Omegamatic viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6802
Episode 14: Secret of the Sorcerer viewtopic.php?t=13031
CHOCOLATE MILK
Grunt

Re: Hi, I'm new and doing some stuff.

Post by CHOCOLATE MILK »

I’ve successfully played (almost) every Keen 1 mod. I skipped mods that were sequels to non-Keen 1 mods, mods featuring characters unrelated to Keen, and a few bigger mods I didn’t want to rush through.

Right now I’m reviewing and compiling my data. Each one is put in a category based on their story (unchanged story, Keen story, etc.) and given one of 5 ratings (or in between, so 9 ratings) based on my opinion on their replay value (not their quality; there are no truly “bad” mods. Okay, maybe a couple. :-b )

I've also given them other miscellaneous ratings/labels, based on things such as if there are any unbeatable levels, if it's a puzzle mod, etc.

Hopefully I can release the results soon (but if I don’t it’s because I’m focusing on my levelpack).

The journey felt like it took forever, I feel like a different person then when I started! Still love Keen though! :)