Keen IRC Channel

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
thehackercat
Yorp Doctor

Post by thehackercat »

If, for whatever reason, you lack an IRC client (you may not want to fiddle with one, or your downloads may be restricted), Mibbit is always fine.
MOM4Evr
Vortininja

Post by MOM4Evr »

Already got Quassel up and running. Thanks, anyhow!
See you on the IRC channel!
GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Post by GARGapplesauce »

How do I connect with Xchat. I got it free from the first link posted in this topic... help?
Combine Garg and Apples in a bowl, simmer over medium heat for several years. Season with a pinch of regret.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Why not using irc://irc.foonetic.net/pckf ?
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

GARGapplesauce wrote:How do I connect with Xchat. I got it free from the first link posted in this topic... help?
Here's a tutorial for another network and channel - replace the details with those for #pckf (see the first post) and you'll be good to go...
Cereal Board!
Deltamatic wrote:Prepositions are things I end sentences with.
(Cereal wiki has sadly died)
GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Post by GARGapplesauce »

Oh... now that worked... thanks...
Combine Garg and Apples in a bowl, simmer over medium heat for several years. Season with a pinch of regret.
GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Post by GARGapplesauce »

sorry about the double post: what are the red and green dots on the names?
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

they define your status (if you have voice, op-status or something like that), but why don't you ask that on irc where you get an answer right away?
Image You crack me up little buddy!
Gridlock
Vorticon Elite

Post by Gridlock »

OK, this is really annoying. Apparenty X-Chat has a 30-day free period. After that you have to pay to use it, and that period just ran out for me. Is there a free version I can download, or am I going to have to switch the chat program?
Shadow Master
Lord of the Shikadi

Post by Shadow Master »

MOM4Evr
Vortininja

Post by MOM4Evr »

Yeah, you'll probably want to use a different chat program. I use Quassel, DHeadshot uses Trillian, and apparently Shadow Master likes silverex ^^
Shadow Master
Lord of the Shikadi

Post by Shadow Master »

MOM4Evr wrote:apparently Shadow Master likes silverex ^^
Nope. I just linked to Silverex because it's the only free-as-in-beer version of Xchat for Windows I know. I use Irssi myself instead, a command line-driven client, on Linux. :P
NY00123
Vorticon Elite

Post by NY00123 »

Silverex XChat 2 is basically a build of XChat from sources, available free of charge.
The official paid Windows version may have few additions, but the "main" XChat sources are available (whatever would these be). Personally, I'm using the (free) Linux version of it right now.

Truly, or so I recall (please correct me if you see I'm wrong), XChat was originally started as a non-Windows program, but porting to Windows has begun as a result of demands from users. Apparently, the work of porting isn't as fun as the rest, which explains why the official Windows release is Shareware now (and only this release).
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

I tried to get into Keen IRC this morning and it says I have been banned!!!

Why??????
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
TerminILL
Skypest

Post by TerminILL »

Checking the ban list, looks like because Paramultart was either a dick or acccidentally banned you. Make of it what you will. I've lifted the ban. (I think that's your hostmask, anyway. There weren't any other new bans listed.)

Also, due to recent shenanigans in IRC, I'm thinking some rules need to be drafted and enforced. There's a line between fun and stupidity, and we've been veering to the wrong side recently.

EDIT: Wasn't you. Can't find your ban in here, so I dunno what's up with that. Apologies to Paramultart.
Last edited by TerminILL on Sun Apr 03, 2011 22:54, edited 1 time in total.