Something I don't understand about the Rugrats

Discuss your favorite movies, books, and music here or just lounge around and see what other people think is classy.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Something I don't understand about the Rugrats

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

The Rugrats entire storyline was supposed to take place in 1991-92, right? And the Wild Thornberrys was introduced in 1998. But in the Rugrats Go Wild crossover movie, we see that they share the same time period at the same ages. Is this to suggest that the Wild Thornberrys actually took place in 1991? Or is it that both Rugrats and Wild Thornberrys took place in a different year altogether that is completely detached from the time they debuted? :poison

So then when the heck does All Grown Up happen? It is supposed to be 10 years ahead of the Rugrats story, But Tommy and gang are only 9 years older (Tommy is 10, Chucky is 11, Angelica is 12-13, etc). And the show actually started airing 12 years after the original cartoon, raising even more questions of chronological inconsistency. So wait a minute, doesn't that mean Eliza should be nine years older in this time period as well? HOLY KARP! :eek She must have been like 22 when I was only 16 :dead
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

Heh, I would pin this to the same explanation as to why the Simpsons never age, even though they keep having Christmases and Halloweens. Whatever that explanation is.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

The strange thing about the simpsons is that in one episode someone told Homer he was in his late 30's. But he had Bart at the age of 18, and since Bart is 10 years old that means Homer should be 28 :confused
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass