Keen Bonus Episode: Fathership's Revenge

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Keen Bonus Episode: Fathership's Revenge

Post by szemi »

Well, well, well...

Ladies and gentlemen! Version of 1.31 of Commander Keen 1-3 was exactly released on the 23rd January. :birthday That's why, as a special new year and 30th anniversary gift, I would like to present you:

Commander Keen in ... "Invasion of the Vorticons"
Bonus Episode: Fathership's Revenge

What is this?
This is an unofficial extra bonus sequel after and following Keen 3 including several slight gameplay improvements and newer stuff in the game. I also used the unused 5 tile rows in the tileset. Moreover, you can now see what level number you are entering. (Unfortunately, that code has eaten up the Messie's riding ability, so that's why there is UNLOCKABLE level only!)

Thanks to:

MoffD for supporting me technically
DarkAle for helping and inspiring me with patches
XkyRauh for the correction of each hitboxes
DoomJedi for graphical advices
Levellass for creating awesome bean patches

So, summa summarum, get it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/w9koyddgejx37 ... s.zip?dl=0
And there's a demo video, too: https://youtu.be/02_SLoKgPX8

WARNING: Read the readme file in all cases since hints & tips are given to you. :)

Not allowed:
- criticizing
- destructive positive/negative comments
- unnecessary complaining (like "i can't do it, tell me how to do that", etc.)
- fun-ruining

Golden rule: Enjoy the game!
Yeah, piece of cake!
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Re: Keen Bonus Episode: Fathership's Revenge

Post by Benvolio »

Looks interesting for sure. My tastes are never for mods with predominantly recoloured old graphics so visually speaking it's not necessarily my thing. However the physics look cool based on your video. I'd love to try them and see what this sliding mechanic is all about. Unfortunately I can't play it because I don't have my copy of Keen3 with me. I, uh, got a copy of Keen3.exe to try play it but it turned out it was version 1.0 so it didn't work. Then I tried the upgrades/downgrades thread but that is proving difficult too. I guess I'll have to wait til I can get my proper copy of Keen3 and then give it a go.
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

This mod works with 1.31.
Yeah, piece of cake!
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

In the meantime, the mod is now available on KeenWiki: http://www.shikadi.net/keenwiki/Bonus_E ... 7s_Revenge

In the meantime, today I fixed a mistake that DarkAle alerted me about, which was in level 8: Hotel V.
Yeah, piece of cake!