Commander Keen Collection (floppy disks, mail orders etc)

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
proYorp
Vorticon Elite

Re: Commander Keen Collection (floppy disks, mail orders etc)

Post by proYorp »

Not mine but

From Dosgamert on YouTube, this post. Not sure what this is exactly, but it's interesting.

Why is Keen red? Makes me kinda question how authorized it is heh. Although I guess if it is "shareware" that's not really a problem. Legal bootleg? :D
"Friendly. Very friendly. Too friendly." Image
8bit-herpetology
Grunt

Post by 8bit-herpetology »

Some time ago in this thread I was advised to create disk images from my original Keen 6 floppies, and to search the "empty space" for previously deleted files (digital archeology?).
I have now made image files (using WinImage) from both Keen 6 floppy disks and my original Bio Menace installation disks. I also made images from a number of original disks with shareware versions of Keen 6, Bio Menace, Monster Bash, and Secret Agent, that where available in supermarkets in the early 90'ies here in my country.
My question is, how do I perform the next step, searching for deleted files? Can I do it with something like the Uneraser software? (Which I have no experience using, but a quick Google search led me to it).
I hope something interesting will show up, which I of course will share here.
RoboBlue
It's that one guy.

Post by RoboBlue »

8bit-herpetology wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:14 Some time ago in this thread I was advised to create disk images from my original Keen 6 floppies, and to search the "empty space" for previously deleted files (digital archeology?).
I have now made image files (using WinImage) from both Keen 6 floppy disks and my original Bio Menace installation disks. I also made images from a number of original disks with shareware versions of Keen 6, Bio Menace, Monster Bash, and Secret Agent, that where available in supermarkets in the early 90'ies here in my country.
My question is, how do I perform the next step, searching for deleted files? Can I do it with something like the Uneraser software? (Which I have no experience using, but a quick Google search led me to it).
I hope something interesting will show up, which I of course will share here.
I'm pretty sure I used BadCopy Pro when scanning my old disks for deleted files.

I've never tried it on a Keen disk because my copies of Goodbye Galaxy and Aliens Ate My Babysitter are sealed.
DoomJedi
Vorticon Elite

Post by DoomJedi »

I have old Keen 4 and Keen 6 sharewares from my old shareware CD.

Keen 4 has shorter version of README.DOC (without P.S. - 2 weeks date difference from later one)
Different dates on EGAGraph file (a few months difference)